The first print of Godzilla #1 from IDW had 74 retailers getting an exclusive store cover, when they made an order of 500 copies, featuring their store getting crushed by Godzilla’s foot. Before the promotion, a number of retailers didn’t think they could make the numbers work. After the promotion, and with so many retailers showing exactly how the numbers could work, some wished that they’d gone for it when they had the chance.
Well now they do. Godzilla #1 will get a second print, shipping before the second issue, and retailers who missed out the first time can jump on board now with a 500 copy committment. If you are a retailer and want to get in on the action, e-mail the IDW representative, make the committment and provide photos of the outside of your store before Friday March the 4th, noon PST.
And the other question is… which other publisher will be the first to copy what can be seen as the greatest comics promotion of the year.
- 3 New Marvel Comics Adult Coloring Books Coming In 2018: Black Panther, New Mutants, And Avengers - July 26, 2017
- The “I’m Not Buying This For A Second” Death In Secret Empire #7 (SPOILERS) - July 26, 2017
- Zatanna As A Hogwarts Professor? Frank Cho’s Sketch Covers And Commissions From San Diego Comic-Con - July 26, 2017
- The Quite Definite Death Of [SPOILERS] In Flash #27 - July 26, 2017
- The Quite Definite Death Of [SPOILERS] In Faith And The Future Force #1 - July 26, 2017