The first print of Godzilla #1 from IDW had 74 retailers getting an exclusive store cover, when they made an order of 500 copies, featuring their store getting crushed by Godzilla’s foot. Before the promotion, a number of retailers didn’t think they could make the numbers work. After the promotion, and with so many retailers showing exactly how the numbers could work, some wished that they’d gone for it when they had the chance.
Well now they do. Godzilla #1 will get a second print, shipping before the second issue, and retailers who missed out the first time can jump on board now with a 500 copy committment. If you are a retailer and want to get in on the action, e-mail the IDW representative, make the committment and provide photos of the outside of your store before Friday March the 4th, noon PST.
And the other question is… which other publisher will be the first to copy what can be seen as the greatest comics promotion of the year.
- When Mary Jane And Spider-Gwen Become Venom – The Restricted Marvel True Believers Panel From C2E2 - April 24, 2017
- Eric Powell To Publish Brendon Small’s Galaktikon As A Comic Book - April 24, 2017
- Stan Lee Cameo In “Fresh Off The Boat” Just Before Free Comic Book Day And The Comic By Gene Luen Yang and Jorge Corona - April 24, 2017
- Chris Evans To Read A Superhero Bedtime Story On British TV Next Month - April 24, 2017
- People Are Adding “Nick Spencer Disclaimers” To Their Captain America T-Shirts - April 23, 2017