In Hardware #1, Dwayne McDuffie wrote this scene, a metatextual commentary on his leaving Marvel Comics to set up Milestone Media at DC Comics, launching a brand new range of ethnically diverse superhero comics.
While it tied into the character’s story, an engineer who sees his work exploited by an employer without recompense, so he sets up on his own, it had a very personal resonance. It was what he was doing with Milestone.
It’s a scene he’d reprise in the Milestone Forever final issue years later, that was intended to set up all the Milestone characters within the DC Universe.
Except this time it summed up his experiences with Milestone and DC Comics. And it had two further reprises in the comic;
Goodbye Dwayne McDuffie.
- I Appear To Be On My Way To MCM London Comic Con 2017… - May 27, 2017
- Daniel Ketchum’s Departure From X-Men Sends Out Shockwaves - May 26, 2017
- The List Of Objects Banned At Phoenix Comicon – What To Do With Your Proton Packs - May 26, 2017
- Your First Look At The Artwork Of Edge Of Venomverse #1 - May 26, 2017
- DC Comics Vs BBC International Over Flash Lights - May 26, 2017