In Hardware #1, Dwayne McDuffie wrote this scene, a metatextual commentary on his leaving Marvel Comics to set up Milestone Media at DC Comics, launching a brand new range of ethnically diverse superhero comics.
While it tied into the character’s story, an engineer who sees his work exploited by an employer without recompense, so he sets up on his own, it had a very personal resonance. It was what he was doing with Milestone.
It’s a scene he’d reprise in the Milestone Forever final issue years later, that was intended to set up all the Milestone characters within the DC Universe.
Except this time it summed up his experiences with Milestone and DC Comics. And it had two further reprises in the comic;
Goodbye Dwayne McDuffie.
- Speculator Corner – Grass Kings #1 Heats Up Ahead Of #2 Shipping - March 30, 2017
- Marvel Comics Brings Back “Buy Physical, Get Digital” Codes – But Only If You Ask Nicely - March 30, 2017
- Amazon Won’t Sell You Saga #43 For 25 Cents But They Will Give You Discount On Saga #44 - March 30, 2017
- No Place Like Comics For Angelo Tirotto - March 30, 2017
- Tony Isabella Is Against A Black Lightning/Static Shock Crossover - March 30, 2017