In Hardware #1, Dwayne McDuffie wrote this scene, a metatextual commentary on his leaving Marvel Comics to set up Milestone Media at DC Comics, launching a brand new range of ethnically diverse superhero comics.
While it tied into the character’s story, an engineer who sees his work exploited by an employer without recompense, so he sets up on his own, it had a very personal resonance. It was what he was doing with Milestone.
It’s a scene he’d reprise in the Milestone Forever final issue years later, that was intended to set up all the Milestone characters within the DC Universe.
Except this time it summed up his experiences with Milestone and DC Comics. And it had two further reprises in the comic;
Goodbye Dwayne McDuffie.
- The First 400 DC Comics Collections Being Semi-Liquidated To Retailers - November 20, 2017
- How Mike Baron Channelled Bruce Lee, Paul Gulacy And Jim Steranko For Q-Ball – Thanks To Barry McClain - November 20, 2017
- Alex De Campi’s Weekly Twisted Romance Anthology For February From Image Comics - November 20, 2017
- What Will Loot Crate Be Giving You For Christmas? And What Will You Be Giving Everyone Else? EXPLORE And STAR WARS - November 20, 2017
- Over 70 Cosplay Shots From Anime NYC In New York City (Hence The Name) This Weekend - November 20, 2017