In Hardware #1, Dwayne McDuffie wrote this scene, a metatextual commentary on his leaving Marvel Comics to set up Milestone Media at DC Comics, launching a brand new range of ethnically diverse superhero comics.
While it tied into the character’s story, an engineer who sees his work exploited by an employer without recompense, so he sets up on his own, it had a very personal resonance. It was what he was doing with Milestone.
It’s a scene he’d reprise in the Milestone Forever final issue years later, that was intended to set up all the Milestone characters within the DC Universe.
Except this time it summed up his experiences with Milestone and DC Comics. And it had two further reprises in the comic;
Goodbye Dwayne McDuffie.
- Northguard Season 2 #1 and #2 Both Published Tomorrow – Here’s a Preview of Both - January 23, 2018
- 24-Page Preview of Telepathetic #1, Another of Sitcomics’ 64-Page $3.99 Comics - January 23, 2018
- Titan Comics to Republish Original Deadline Tank Girl Strips in Colour - January 23, 2018
- A Sneek Peak at McFarlane Toys’s New Stranger Things Ghostbusters Action Figures - January 23, 2018
- DC Comics April 2018 Catalog – Solicits From Action Comics #1000 to Splitting Batman In Two… - January 22, 2018