So, how was it for you? Did you wake up in the morning UK-time or were you still awake US-time for the Associated Press interview with Marvel execs to go live and pop up on your comics news feed? With an actual bloody video?
Maybe it was a friendly tweet?
Or one of the TV stations that picked the story up for the morning news bulletins? Or the radio?
Or did you get the email from Marvel Comics that put the spoiler in the headline of the e-mail?
Or did you somehow make it unspoiled to the comic shop, managed to ignore the fanboy chatter and taunts of the staff to rip open the bag, have the comic fall out and open to the offending page?
Or did you find your shop wasn’t selling the comic until tomorrow and now have to face David Letterman/Jay Leno/Conan O’Brien/John Stewart/Stephen Colbert/Craig Ferguson who, at any point may throw a punchline involving this character and ruin your day?
Either way, however you were spoiled, you didn’t get it directly on the front page, in a headline or in an article on Bleedin Cool. Unless you read the comments of course, then you’re screwed. Sorry.
Either way, Marvel seems to have decided they wanted publicity uber alles on this one, rather than any kind of surprise…
- Comic Store In Your Future – How Did Venom #150 Sell For You? - June 26, 2017
- Hatchet Gets An Ongoing Series From American Mythology September 2017 Solicits - June 26, 2017
- Fried Pie Comics Covers For Dark Nights: Metal, Moonstruck And, Yes, Robotech - June 26, 2017
- Ch-Ch-Changes: The Unsolicited Wasp - June 26, 2017
- Saying Goodbye To James Hagemann, Who Helped Make My First Comic A Reality - June 26, 2017