It’s only been a few years since Paul Levitz was so disgusted with the way The Boys portrayed superheroes that he cancelled it, and let Dynamite take over publishing the book – only for it to become their best selling title, and selling far more than equivalent DC Comics in the process.
Well, Paul’s gone now. And there’s no greater evidence than this that Pat Mills and Kevin O’Neill are arranging for DC Comics to publish Marshal Law.
The ultimate in anti-superhero satire, Marshal Law ruthlessly sends up company trademarked superheroes as sexual deviants, mentally unsound, pathetic creatures and unworthy of the name hero. It’s far more brutal than The Boys has ever been. Originally published by Marvel as part of their Epic creator owned line, it has travelled to Apocalypse, Dark Horse, Cool Beanz and Image comics. But never DC.
In a 2000AD podcast with Pat Mills, talking about his and Kevin O’Neill’s Metalzoic comic, Mills states;
“DC have expressed an interest in reprinting Marshall Law and if we close the deal with them then I think the next thing we would bring up with them is Metalzoic.
Once we close the deal on Marshall Law, and things are looking quite bright now…”
Here’s a little reminder.
- The Swag Of Thought Bubble 2017 From An AirBnB That Has Not Burnt Down – Yet - September 24, 2017
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – September 24th, 2017 – “Metal Is Absolutely Crushing Everything Else” - September 24, 2017
- Lying In The Gutters – September 25th, 2017 – Squirrelled Away - September 24, 2017
- What Is Your Comic Shop History? - September 24, 2017
- Not Another Zombie Comic - September 24, 2017