Described as Chester Gould’s Dick Tracy mixed with Martin Scorcese’s Taxi Driver on steroids in Spain, Fantagraphics are translating Martís first volume of The Cabbie from the nineteen eighties, for publication in hardcover in July.
A grotesque cast of ne’er-do-wells delivered in a very grim and gritty setting with harsh blacks and empty whites as the lead feels morally justified commiting acts of brutal cruelty in the hunt for his father’s body and the coffin which contains his fortune…
Martí has seen publication in the US previously by RAW (hence the Art Spielgelman intro), Drawn And Quarterly, Pictopia and one issue of Calvario Hills from Fantagraphics which featured a revived version of the lead from this graphic novel series.
- An Earth/Krypton War, And More Comic Book Futures, Revealed Today – Action Comics #996, Judgement Day #1, X-Men Blue #20 SPOILERS - January 24, 2018
- Shout Sheet For Agents Of SHIELD S05E09 – The Revolution Begins - January 24, 2018
- Marvel 2-In-One #2 Gives Us a New Timeline for the Marvel Universe - January 24, 2018
- The Siegel and Shuster Lost Superman Story that Marv Wolfman Rescued as a Boy - January 23, 2018
- Thanos #15, Avengers #677 and #678 Go to Second Print Before Even Going on Sale - January 23, 2018