Described as Chester Gould’s Dick Tracy mixed with Martin Scorcese’s Taxi Driver on steroids in Spain, Fantagraphics are translating Martís first volume of The Cabbie from the nineteen eighties, for publication in hardcover in July.
A grotesque cast of ne’er-do-wells delivered in a very grim and gritty setting with harsh blacks and empty whites as the lead feels morally justified commiting acts of brutal cruelty in the hunt for his father’s body and the coffin which contains his fortune…
Martí has seen publication in the US previously by RAW (hence the Art Spielgelman intro), Drawn And Quarterly, Pictopia and one issue of Calvario Hills from Fantagraphics which featured a revived version of the lead from this graphic novel series.
- Three Teases For 2017 And 2018 From Valiant In Their Free Comic Book Day Title #meh - April 26, 2017
- Valiant’s X-O Manowar #2 Sends New Characters To War - April 26, 2017
- A Look Ahead At The Loud House Graphic Novel For Free Comic Book Day - April 26, 2017
- Valiant Validated Signature Series Returns For Secret Weapons #1 - April 26, 2017
- Rewriting The Nature Of Paradise Island In Wonder Woman, Today (SPOILERS) - April 26, 2017