Described as Chester Gould’s Dick Tracy mixed with Martin Scorcese’s Taxi Driver on steroids in Spain, Fantagraphics are translating Martís first volume of The Cabbie from the nineteen eighties, for publication in hardcover in July.
A grotesque cast of ne’er-do-wells delivered in a very grim and gritty setting with harsh blacks and empty whites as the lead feels morally justified commiting acts of brutal cruelty in the hunt for his father’s body and the coffin which contains his fortune…
Martí has seen publication in the US previously by RAW (hence the Art Spielgelman intro), Drawn And Quarterly, Pictopia and one issue of Calvario Hills from Fantagraphics which featured a revived version of the lead from this graphic novel series.
- Godshaper By Si Spurrier And Jonas Goonface – The Shape Of Comics To Come? - January 20, 2017
- Cullen Bunn Unleashes Another Monster, Regression With Danny Luckert For Image Comics - January 20, 2017
- Will Rosado Joins Catalyst Prime’s Free Comic Book Day - January 20, 2017
- Plague Of Locusts, Frogs Fall From Sky And Witchblade Returns As A TV Series Again - January 20, 2017
- Don’t Fear Kim Reaper…. Supernatural Romance Leads Oni Press’ Solicits For April 2017 - January 20, 2017