That was a peculiar looking graphic novel that shipped this week. The second volume of Linda Medley’s Castle Waiting as published by Fantagraphics.
It’s an entertaining, beautifully illustrated tale about he daily, everyday lives of fairytale characters, set in and around the abandoned castle of Sleeping Beauty.
Originally self published, Fantagraphics have taken over publication chores, collecting the first series in graphic novel form, then serialising the second volume, which they have now collected.
But there was one thing missing from said collection. Linda Medley.
Here’s the cover to the first volume, next to the cover of the second.
Her name is not on the spine, or on the back text. Inside the book her name is only mentioned on the copyright indicia. And on the back, by the barcode is this removable sticker.
Fantagraphics told me that this change was at Linda Medley’s request but would say no more. This does seem to smack of a falling out of creator and publisher, with publication continuing due to contractual demands. After all, the last issue of Castle Waiting came out a year ago….
- Godshaper By Si Spurrier And Jonas Goonface – The Shape Of Comics To Come? - January 20, 2017
- Cullen Bunn Unleashes Another Monster, Regression With Danny Luckert For Image Comics - January 20, 2017
- Will Rosado Joins Catalyst Prime’s Free Comic Book Day - January 20, 2017
- Plague Of Locusts, Frogs Fall From Sky And Witchblade Returns As A TV Series Again - January 20, 2017
- Don’t Fear Kim Reaper…. Supernatural Romance Leads Oni Press’ Solicits For April 2017 - January 20, 2017