It began in the nineteen thirties, going biweekly during the War, then returning, alongside sister comic The Beano, to become a true national institution, Britain’s longest running comic book, ad the third longest in the world.
This children’s anthology comic with characters including Desperate Dan, Beryl The Peril and Dreadlock Holmes.
But facing falling sales, since 2007, it has rebranded itself as Dandy XTreme, a fortnightly, more expensive free-gift led publication that focussed more on pop culture. While giving the brand an initial lift, sales have falled again of late.
So now it’s one last attempt to inject the publication with he kind of life that has seen it survive for over seventy years. Dropping the price to £1.50. Filling the comic with… comic strips. Brand new ones at that. With a lot of new and famous talent. And launching a massive promotional campaign for the relaunch on October 27th.
Here’s the new logo, debuting with Dandy #3508
- Razorfist And Princess Zanda Now Part Of The MCU With Black Panther Prelude - October 18, 2017
- How The Robins React To The Batman/Catwoman Proposal In Batman #33 (SPOILERS) - October 18, 2017
- Today’s Savage Dragon Advertises Toronto’s Kensington Market Really Well - October 18, 2017
- The Terrifics On The Front Of Next Week’s Diamond Previews #350 - October 18, 2017
- Funko POP Design For Saga’s Lying Cat For Free Comic Book Day 2018 - October 18, 2017