It began in the nineteen thirties, going biweekly during the War, then returning, alongside sister comic The Beano, to become a true national institution, Britain’s longest running comic book, ad the third longest in the world.
This children’s anthology comic with characters including Desperate Dan, Beryl The Peril and Dreadlock Holmes.
But facing falling sales, since 2007, it has rebranded itself as Dandy XTreme, a fortnightly, more expensive free-gift led publication that focussed more on pop culture. While giving the brand an initial lift, sales have falled again of late.
So now it’s one last attempt to inject the publication with he kind of life that has seen it survive for over seventy years. Dropping the price to £1.50. Filling the comic with… comic strips. Brand new ones at that. With a lot of new and famous talent. And launching a massive promotional campaign for the relaunch on October 27th.
Here’s the new logo, debuting with Dandy #3508
- A Very Fast Run Through the Sonic #1 WonderCon 2018 Variant - March 23, 2018
- More Action Comics #1000 Covers from Jim Lee, Olivier Coipel, Dave Dorman, and Felipe Massafera - March 23, 2018
- Marvel Uses Father’s Day to Promote Marvel Rising and Marvel Super Hero Adventures - March 23, 2018
- Sneak Peek at The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen: The Tempest from WonderCon 2018 - March 23, 2018
- Only the First Printing of DC Nation #0 Will Be 25 Cents - March 23, 2018