It began in the nineteen thirties, going biweekly during the War, then returning, alongside sister comic The Beano, to become a true national institution, Britain’s longest running comic book, ad the third longest in the world.
This children’s anthology comic with characters including Desperate Dan, Beryl The Peril and Dreadlock Holmes.
But facing falling sales, since 2007, it has rebranded itself as Dandy XTreme, a fortnightly, more expensive free-gift led publication that focussed more on pop culture. While giving the brand an initial lift, sales have falled again of late.
So now it’s one last attempt to inject the publication with he kind of life that has seen it survive for over seventy years. Dropping the price to £1.50. Filling the comic with… comic strips. Brand new ones at that. With a lot of new and famous talent. And launching a massive promotional campaign for the relaunch on October 27th.
Here’s the new logo, debuting with Dandy #3508
- Expect A New Main X-Men Title And Star Wars Title Announced Soon – ECCC? - February 26, 2017
- Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes – Spider-Man, Flash, Star Wars, Harley Quinn And Unworthy Thor - February 25, 2017
- When Spider-Man Threw Up A Gang Signal To The Latin Kings Of Chicago - February 25, 2017
- When Five Guys Noticed Their Plug In Spider-Man - February 25, 2017
- Unboxing The February 2017 ZBox – Superheroines! And Everyone Fights Over Wonder Woman! - February 25, 2017