It began in the nineteen thirties, going biweekly during the War, then returning, alongside sister comic The Beano, to become a true national institution, Britain’s longest running comic book, ad the third longest in the world.
This children’s anthology comic with characters including Desperate Dan, Beryl The Peril and Dreadlock Holmes.
But facing falling sales, since 2007, it has rebranded itself as Dandy XTreme, a fortnightly, more expensive free-gift led publication that focussed more on pop culture. While giving the brand an initial lift, sales have falled again of late.
So now it’s one last attempt to inject the publication with he kind of life that has seen it survive for over seventy years. Dropping the price to £1.50. Filling the comic with… comic strips. Brand new ones at that. With a lot of new and famous talent. And launching a massive promotional campaign for the relaunch on October 27th.
Here’s the new logo, debuting with Dandy #3508
- Tomorrow’s Comics Today With Generations Thor And Nightwing’s New Order – A Comic Show - August 22, 2017
- Chuck Dixon – The Most Published Comic Book Writer Of All Time? 40,000 Pages On September 6th - August 22, 2017
- Tomorrow’s Generations: The Thors Will Properly Tie In With Marvel Legacy #1. Honest. - August 22, 2017
- Image Comics Full November 2017 Solicits Launch Void Trip, Port Of Earth, No 1 With A Bullet, Coyotes, Dark Fang, Gravediggers Union - August 22, 2017
- Win One Of Three Tickets To The First-Ever Crunchyroll Expo - August 22, 2017