It began in the nineteen thirties, going biweekly during the War, then returning, alongside sister comic The Beano, to become a true national institution, Britain’s longest running comic book, ad the third longest in the world.
This children’s anthology comic with characters including Desperate Dan, Beryl The Peril and Dreadlock Holmes.
But facing falling sales, since 2007, it has rebranded itself as Dandy XTreme, a fortnightly, more expensive free-gift led publication that focussed more on pop culture. While giving the brand an initial lift, sales have falled again of late.
So now it’s one last attempt to inject the publication with he kind of life that has seen it survive for over seventy years. Dropping the price to £1.50. Filling the comic with… comic strips. Brand new ones at that. With a lot of new and famous talent. And launching a massive promotional campaign for the relaunch on October 27th.
Here’s the new logo, debuting with Dandy #3508
- X-Men Blue And Gold Enjoy Time And Relative Dimensions In Space For Marvel Legacy - July 25, 2017
- Being Spider-Man And Holding A Pig At San Diego Comic-Con - July 25, 2017
- Alex Ross’s Design For The Post-Secret Empire Marvel Legacy Falcon - July 25, 2017
- The Inhuman Royals Return To Earth In 2018 For Marvel Legacy - July 25, 2017
- Riverdale Goes Darker For Season 2 – A Report From San Diego Comic-Con - July 25, 2017