Comic shop Secret Headquarters in Tallahassee, Florida, has broadcast the following warning to customers;
Due to the pornographic content in this issue, Secret Headquarters is sad to announce that we will not be offering it for sale, on the shelf or to subscribers.
We also will not be carrying any further issues of this series.
Secret Headquarters is deeply dismayed that Alan Moore continues to use his reputation as a quality comics author to promote his bizarre sexual philosophies.
We apologize for any inconvenience this causes our regulars who purchased #1 in good faith.
Fellow Floridan retailer and Bleeding Cool contributer, A Comic Shop, seem to have a very different take.
Alan Moore has many bizarre philosophies. Why is it only the sexual ones that cause people such problems?
Secret Headquarters are however, happy to list violent videos on their site with, as they put it, NSFW language. As for pornography, it’s not exactly the most erotic scene in Neonimison is it? Maybe the W stands for “wanking”…
Note: Many people solely define censorship as the act of a government or state body, not a private act of business. They are wrong. Many people see a qualitative judgement in using the word, that censorship is necessarily a bad thing. They are wrong about that too.
- Will Rosada Joins Catalyst Prime’s Free Comic Book Day - January 20, 2017
- Plague Of Locusts, Frogs Fall From Sky And Witchblade Returns As A TV Series Again - January 20, 2017
- Don’t Fear Kim Reaper…. Supernatural Romance Leads Oni Press’ Solicits For April 2017 - January 20, 2017
- Jim Lee And Tula Lotay’s Take On Warren Ellis And Jon Davis-Hunt’s The Wild Storm - January 20, 2017
- When Dark Knight Fan President Donald Trump Quoted Bane In His Inauguration Speech - January 20, 2017