Comic shop Secret Headquarters in Tallahassee, Florida, has broadcast the following warning to customers;
Due to the pornographic content in this issue, Secret Headquarters is sad to announce that we will not be offering it for sale, on the shelf or to subscribers.
We also will not be carrying any further issues of this series.
Secret Headquarters is deeply dismayed that Alan Moore continues to use his reputation as a quality comics author to promote his bizarre sexual philosophies.
We apologize for any inconvenience this causes our regulars who purchased #1 in good faith.
Fellow Floridan retailer and Bleeding Cool contributer, A Comic Shop, seem to have a very different take.
Alan Moore has many bizarre philosophies. Why is it only the sexual ones that cause people such problems?
Secret Headquarters are however, happy to list violent videos on their site with, as they put it, NSFW language. As for pornography, it’s not exactly the most erotic scene in Neonimison is it? Maybe the W stands for “wanking”…
Note: Many people solely define censorship as the act of a government or state body, not a private act of business. They are wrong. Many people see a qualitative judgement in using the word, that censorship is necessarily a bad thing. They are wrong about that too.
- Buzz and Pat Broderick, the New Inker Ambassadors for the Inkwell Awards - January 16, 2018
- Old Man Hawkeye #1 and Venom #160 Go to Second Printings - January 16, 2018
- Neil Gaiman Announces Paperback of Norse Mythology for Tuesday, March 6th - January 16, 2018
- Finally – Frank Miller’s 300 Prequel, Xerxes, from Dark Horse Comics in April 2018 - January 16, 2018
- So… Why Is Marvel Not Cancelling Their Lowest-Selling Comics? - January 16, 2018