Marvel were keen to stress that this was a plan long in the making, and totally coincidental that they announced it just after DC announced their policy change, for the same month.
Marvel also commented about the recent brand extensions we’ve seen at the company’s comics of late, with multiple titles per character. David Gabriel stated they are aware they have a “plethora of product” and that some underperforms. That they have both a budget to make and many masters to serve. However this is intended to change in January and retailers were told to look to Previews for that month showing a decreasing line count.
- Comic Store In Your Future – Be Thankful For My Little Pony - November 23, 2017
- Would You Like Your Monsters Unleashed #8 Mixed With A Little Luke Cage #167? - November 23, 2017
- Vault Comics Launches Return Of The Graveyard Gang By Eliot Rahal And Felipe Cunha In February 2018 Solicits - November 23, 2017
- Zenescope Launches Philadelphia Superhero Series, The Musketeers, In February 2018 Solicits - November 23, 2017
- Another 200 Graphic Novels And TPBs Liquidated By DC Comics To Retailers – G To W - November 23, 2017