The current Vice President of Publicity in DC New York is David Hyde.
Here are the details for anyone interested.
DC Comics seeks a Manager, International Sales for the DC International Rights department. Position will identify and implement international business opportunities (primarily publishing licenses) based on content and intellectual properties owned and/or controlled by DC Comics.
* Research territories and new international publishing opportunities. Identify the most appropriate partner for each product and product in each assigned geographic market.
* Develop and revisit business plans. Prospect, pitch, and negotiate international publishing licenses (in person, via telephone and in writing).
* Manage day-to-day support for ongoing partnerships (as licensor and licensee), including supervision of quality-control submissions and preparation and distribution of marketing materials.
* Manage co-edition programs that includes establishing parameters by publication and supervising administrative and operational activities such as quality control, trafficking, etc.
* Develop and manage network of literary scouts/agents and incorporate other traditional publishing mechanisms into DC’s business, as appropriate.
* Track and analyze DC’s international business to understand trending and recognize opportunities to maximize profitability.
* Supervise and develop junior staff members and serve as a WB Digital Divisional liaison.
* Other projects as assigned.
* 5-10 years experience in publishing and/or entertainment property licensing.
* Minimum 2 years successful rights sales experience required.
* Experience and/or relationships with international and/or media businesses, a plus.
* Experience working in the Media and entertainment industry preferred.
* B.A./BS in a related field or equivalent experience strongly preferred
* Strong oral and written communication across a variety of cultures.
* Proven ability to develop relationships.
* Proficient with MS Word and Excel.
* Experience with Powerpoint and FileMaker Pro, a plus.
* Familiarity with comics, pop culture, popular arts, publishing and/or printing, a plus.
* Knowledge of retail book selling industry.
* Ability to build relationships with Key Accounts.
* Working knowledge of custom retail promotions preferred.
* Ability to maintain project confidentiality.
* Multilingual conversational ability, a plus.
* Ability to work with minimal supervision.
DC Entertainment seeks a Senior Vice President, Publicity for the DCE Sales, Marketing and Business Development department.
* Lead DCE/DCC public relations strategy and projects by managing the activities of the publicity support staff which includes leading the strategy and providing oversight of the processes, coordination and development of publicity campaign plans and tactics for implementation on a project basis.
* Prepare and maintain budgets for publicity campaigns for various groups’ initiatives.
* Interface with DCE Executive publicity team, project executives and all Warner Bros/Time Warner Publicity executives on all activities of the group.
* Perform other duties or special projects as assigned.
* Minimum of 12 years studio public relations and/or marketing experience required.
* Experience in entertainment fields required, working with all levels of colleagues at several distinct studio divisions.
* BA/BS degree required.
* Must possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Must have proven track record demonstrating capability to communicate with all levels of staff, external clients and WB divisions.
* Candidate must have strong interpersonal skills, maturity and excellent judgment. Ability to work effectively with high level, senior executives.
* Must have extensive relationships with the biggest names at press outlets.
* Must be able to maintain project confidentiality.
* Proven track record of managing workflow independently to meet tight deadlines while handling high volume of work with a great attention to detail with specific information.
* Exceptional proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
* Knowledge of comics and/or DC characters, a plus.
* Ability to travel (domestically) approximately 20%.
* Flexibility to respond to off-hours business needs.
Scary thing? I’m just about qualified to apply for that first one…
- POW! Entertainment Registers More ‘Stan Lee’ Trademarks for Sleeping Bags, Pizza Crust Mixes and Yoga Mats - April 22, 2018
- Gabriele Dell’Otto’s Exclusive Retailer Variant for Amazing Spider-Man #800 - April 22, 2018
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 22nd April 2018 – ‘Action Comics Was the Highest/Fastest Selling Book in Our History’ - April 22, 2018
- Lying In The Gutters – 22nd April 2018 – DC ComicsGetting Fresh - April 22, 2018
- The Age Of Bronze Goes Full Colour as a Digital Ongong Series - April 22, 2018