The Hollywood Reporter has, well, reported that Warners has filed five brand new legals oppositions to keep their counter-claim against Siegel/Shuster estate-representing lawyer Marc Toberoff alive.
Toberoff is representating the families of the Superman creators regarding the termination of the copyright of Superman next year in Joe Shuster’s family’s case and in 2012 for Jerry Siegel’s family.
Warners accuses Toberoff of, basically, sticking his oar in where it doesn’t belong, getting in the way of previously arranged deals with the families and promising them much that he couldn’t deliver – and that he actually wants control of the Superman property himself. Something, naturally, that Toberoff refutes, and has filed his own counter-counter-claim.
Toberoff says he’s just a lawyer doing his job. Warners says he wants Superman.
The next hearing date in the case is in less than a month, October 18th. But THR reports that the added paperwork may lead to a delay…
- 8 More Absolute/Omnibus Books from DC Comics, from Flashpoint to Before Watchmen - March 18, 2018
- Adapting Madness – Bringing H.P. Lovecraft’s World to Life - March 18, 2018
- Lying in the Gutters – 18th March 2018 – DC Comics Collect Their Thoughts - March 18, 2018
- DC Continues New Editions of Sandman for 30th Anniversary into 2019 - March 18, 2018
- Exclusive Relationships: J. Scott Campbell, Adi Granov, Dale Keown, Leinil Francis Yu and More - March 18, 2018