The Hollywood Reporter has, well, reported that Warners has filed five brand new legals oppositions to keep their counter-claim against Siegel/Shuster estate-representing lawyer Marc Toberoff alive.
Toberoff is representating the families of the Superman creators regarding the termination of the copyright of Superman next year in Joe Shuster’s family’s case and in 2012 for Jerry Siegel’s family.
Warners accuses Toberoff of, basically, sticking his oar in where it doesn’t belong, getting in the way of previously arranged deals with the families and promising them much that he couldn’t deliver – and that he actually wants control of the Superman property himself. Something, naturally, that Toberoff refutes, and has filed his own counter-counter-claim.
Toberoff says he’s just a lawyer doing his job. Warners says he wants Superman.
The next hearing date in the case is in less than a month, October 18th. But THR reports that the added paperwork may lead to a delay…
- Nick Derington Drawing Brian Bendis’ Batman for Walmart Exclusive DC Comics - June 23, 2018
- 10 Things We Can Tell You About Ta-Nehisi Coates’ Captain America #1 With Leinil Yu - June 23, 2018
- UPS Strike Off, Comic Stores Spared Disruption - June 23, 2018
- Heavy Metal’s Taarna Gets a Funko POP, Exclusive at SDCC 2018 - June 23, 2018
- A “Classic” Strip Mixing Light and Dark: Dunce - June 23, 2018