The Hollywood Reporter has, well, reported that Warners has filed five brand new legals oppositions to keep their counter-claim against Siegel/Shuster estate-representing lawyer Marc Toberoff alive.
Toberoff is representating the families of the Superman creators regarding the termination of the copyright of Superman next year in Joe Shuster’s family’s case and in 2012 for Jerry Siegel’s family.
Warners accuses Toberoff of, basically, sticking his oar in where it doesn’t belong, getting in the way of previously arranged deals with the families and promising them much that he couldn’t deliver – and that he actually wants control of the Superman property himself. Something, naturally, that Toberoff refutes, and has filed his own counter-counter-claim.
Toberoff says he’s just a lawyer doing his job. Warners says he wants Superman.
The next hearing date in the case is in less than a month, October 18th. But THR reports that the added paperwork may lead to a delay…
- Rob Liefeld Drawing Superman? - October 18, 2018
- After Chelsea Cain and Chuck Wendig – Will Comic Creators Unionize? - October 18, 2018
- The Daily LITG – 18th October 2018 - October 18, 2018
- Titan Scorch Earth on Diablo Comic Book Listings - October 17, 2018
- DC Comics Cancels All Orders for Sandman: Overture Gallery Edition – For Now - October 17, 2018