And, with issue 3 on the way to stores, it’s hit a problem. And the creators have come up with a novel solution.
Issue 5 (finished) has 26 pages of story instead of 22. And issue 6 (pencils done) has 29 pages.
And this is a problem. IDW’s internal budget only runs to funding 22 art and script pages each book. But 22 pages for the last two chapters would, as they put it, have “butchered the story.” Even the editor of the book agreed. But budget is budget and IDW won’t go above it. IDW is paying $300 a page – that’s writing, pencilling, inking, colouring and lettering. To finish the book needs an extra $3000.
So Peter Beagle and his manager Connor Cochran are finding the extra $3000 themselves. But Conlan Press are asking for contributions to help – and pledges and donations can be made here.
- Rewriting Superman From Scratch In Action Comics #978 – With A Little Help From Secret Origin - April 24, 2017
- The Fake Jack Kirby Art That Sold For Over $2500 On eBay? - April 24, 2017
- Let’s All Watch A Video About How Diamond Have Changed Their Olive Branch Distribution Centre - April 24, 2017
- Does Your Copy Of Secret Empire #0 Have A Misprint On Page 2? - April 24, 2017
- Process Is The Topic of the Day At C2E2’s Writing For Comics Panel - April 24, 2017