And, with issue 3 on the way to stores, it’s hit a problem. And the creators have come up with a novel solution.
Issue 5 (finished) has 26 pages of story instead of 22. And issue 6 (pencils done) has 29 pages.
And this is a problem. IDW’s internal budget only runs to funding 22 art and script pages each book. But 22 pages for the last two chapters would, as they put it, have “butchered the story.” Even the editor of the book agreed. But budget is budget and IDW won’t go above it. IDW is paying $300 a page – that’s writing, pencilling, inking, colouring and lettering. To finish the book needs an extra $3000.
So Peter Beagle and his manager Connor Cochran are finding the extra $3000 themselves. But Conlan Press are asking for contributions to help – and pledges and donations can be made here.
- ComicsPRO Industry Awards Announce Nominees, and Honour Dave Hawksworth - January 19, 2018
- Daredevil Season 3 Filming in Manhattan on Monday - January 19, 2018
- DC Comics’ The Silencer #1 by John Romita, Released Early on Apple iTunes - January 19, 2018
- Fifty Comic Stores That Have Closed Since January 2017 - January 19, 2018
- Free Beer Given Away in London to Promote Kingsman: The Golden Circle on DVD/Blu-ray/Download - January 19, 2018