And, with issue 3 on the way to stores, it’s hit a problem. And the creators have come up with a novel solution.
Issue 5 (finished) has 26 pages of story instead of 22. And issue 6 (pencils done) has 29 pages.
And this is a problem. IDW’s internal budget only runs to funding 22 art and script pages each book. But 22 pages for the last two chapters would, as they put it, have “butchered the story.” Even the editor of the book agreed. But budget is budget and IDW won’t go above it. IDW is paying $300 a page – that’s writing, pencilling, inking, colouring and lettering. To finish the book needs an extra $3000.
So Peter Beagle and his manager Connor Cochran are finding the extra $3000 themselves. But Conlan Press are asking for contributions to help – and pledges and donations can be made here.
- Did Bleeding Cool Move Your Needle? - July 23, 2017
- Geek Food: The Lich King Ice Cream At San Diego Comic-Con - July 23, 2017
- Dan DiDio Reveals The Secret Origins Of The Comic Creators – And The Fans – At San Diego Comic-Con - July 23, 2017
- The First Thirteenth Doctor Cosplay At San Diego Comic-Con…Is By A Man - July 23, 2017
- David Duchovny Says He Had Difficulty Voice Acting For X-Files Audible Series - July 23, 2017