And, with issue 3 on the way to stores, it’s hit a problem. And the creators have come up with a novel solution.
Issue 5 (finished) has 26 pages of story instead of 22. And issue 6 (pencils done) has 29 pages.
And this is a problem. IDW’s internal budget only runs to funding 22 art and script pages each book. But 22 pages for the last two chapters would, as they put it, have “butchered the story.” Even the editor of the book agreed. But budget is budget and IDW won’t go above it. IDW is paying $300 a page – that’s writing, pencilling, inking, colouring and lettering. To finish the book needs an extra $3000.
So Peter Beagle and his manager Connor Cochran are finding the extra $3000 themselves. But Conlan Press are asking for contributions to help – and pledges and donations can be made here.
- Two TV Commercials From DC Comics For the New Age of Heroes Line - January 17, 2018
- For Those of You Still Reading Generation X… Something Special For Jubilee (#86 Spoilers) - January 17, 2018
- Brian Wood and Jorge Coelho’s Robocop: Citizens Arrest Looks to Explore Social Justice - January 17, 2018
- Ludocrats from Kieron Gillen, David Lafuente, and Jim Rossignol is Coming Soon, Honest - January 17, 2018
- Now Glénat to Publish Conan Comics, as It’s All Public Domain in Europe - January 17, 2018