And, with issue 3 on the way to stores, it’s hit a problem. And the creators have come up with a novel solution.
Issue 5 (finished) has 26 pages of story instead of 22. And issue 6 (pencils done) has 29 pages.
And this is a problem. IDW’s internal budget only runs to funding 22 art and script pages each book. But 22 pages for the last two chapters would, as they put it, have “butchered the story.” Even the editor of the book agreed. But budget is budget and IDW won’t go above it. IDW is paying $300 a page – that’s writing, pencilling, inking, colouring and lettering. To finish the book needs an extra $3000.
So Peter Beagle and his manager Connor Cochran are finding the extra $3000 themselves. But Conlan Press are asking for contributions to help – and pledges and donations can be made here.
- Diamond Says X-O Manowar #1 Was 10th Bestselling Comic In March, Not 12th As Previously Reported - July 24, 2017
- Marvel Comics To Publish Sampler Volume For Star Wars Reads Day In October - July 24, 2017
- Zack Kaplan And Andrea Mutti’s New Comic ‘Port Of Earth’ Coming From Image Comics In November - July 24, 2017
- DC Comics To Run TV Ads For ‘Dark Knight III: The Master Race’ Collection For The Holidays - July 24, 2017
- Details On How Harley Quinn Will Take Over Batman Day In September - July 24, 2017