Earlier today, the LA Times ran a piece about the current changes at DC Comics. And the line that so many people, including myself, took a double take over was the following;
About 20% of DC’s roughly 250 staffers will lose their jobs as part of the shift, while some others will move to the West Coast from the East.
Unsourced and unattributed – not that there’s anything wrong with that, of course. Bleeding Cool’s bread and butter after all.
The Washington Post even says “Nelson said about 20 percent of DC’s roughly 250 employees will be laid off, reported Ben Fritz, who writes for The Los Angeles Times” when she clearly did no such thing. And it’s a number that a fair few places are repeating.
But in this case, apparently, it’s wrong. By which I also don’t mean there’s roughly 19% either. Apparently this number was sourced from an individual’s rectal cavity.
Of course some people will leave DC. There are people who can’t move coasts, or who have temporary contracts, or who duplicate jobs – but a fifth? Bunkum. It’s also worth pointing out that Warners is a big company with many other operations in New York. And at Bleeding Cool first reported and Diane Nelson later confirmed, their human resources people are talking to every single person, one-on-one, in the company.
- Amanda Waller Appreciates Donald Trump’s ‘Impulsiveness’ in Today’s Suicide Squad #40 - April 25, 2018
- Hercules – Back On The Wagon in Avengers #690? - April 25, 2018
- Glenn Talbot Always Completes His Mission – Shout Sheet for Friday’s Marvel’s Agents Of SHIELD - April 25, 2018
- Is This the Missing Justice League Comic? (Justice League of America #29 SPOILERS) - April 25, 2018
- Is There a Post-Credits Scene at the End of Avengers: Infinity War? [Spoiler-Free] - April 24, 2018