Bleeding Cool has been giving you sneak peeks of what is to come in the Scott Pilgrim Vs The World home release, but now it’s all official. Hitting November 9th comes the Scott Pilgrim Blu Ray/DVD Combo Pack and the separate DVDs and Blu Ray.
Of note is that fact that purchasers of the Combo pack can also download Tremors and Pitch Black for free to their iPad, smartphone, computer or Blu Ray player.
Also, Edgar Wright is well known for pushing the limits and imagination of the DVD format, so big things are expected. To be fair, nothing quite as major as including his buddy cop/slash horror student film on the Hot Fuzz DVD, but it’s pretty pretty good. If you buy the Combo pack that is. Which contains;
• INSIDER DOCUMENTARIES:
o Making of Scott Pilgrim vs. the World
o Music Featurette
o You Too Can Be Sex Bob-Omb
• ALTERNATE FOOTAGE: A special look at alternative edits to the film.
• PRE-PRODUCTION: A look inside the film’s pre-production process including storyboards, pre-visualizations, animatics, motion capture tests, rehearsal footage, casting tapes, hair/make-up tests and more!
• THE MUSIC OF SCOTT PILGRIM VS. THE WORLD: This feature includes four complete music videos and video remixes from legendary DJ Osymyso.
• VISUAL EFFECTS: This feature takes a second look at the movie’s inventive visual effects.
• SOUND WORK: A mini documentary about the creation of the film’s super-powered sonic landscape.
• TRAILERS & TV SPOTS from the theatrical release of the film
• ADULT SWIM™: Scott Pilgrim vs. The Animation
• SCOTT PILGRIM VS THE CENSORS: TV safe version
• BEHIND-THE-SCENES PRODUCTION BLOGS from the set of Scott Pilgrim vs. the World by director /producer/ co-writer Edgar Wright.
• FREE BONUS MOVIE FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY: Blu-ray Combo Pack consumers will have instant access to stream action hits Tremors or Pitch Black via BD-Live, Smartphone or computer.
• U-CONTROL: Universal’s exclusive signature feature allows viewers to delve into the making of the film with the click of the remote without ever leaving the movie.
o STORYBOARD PICTURE-IN-PICTURE
• POCKET BLU™ APP: USHE’s groundbreaking pocket BLU™ app uses iPhone®, iPod® touch, iPad™, Blackberry®, Nokia® Android™, PC and Macintosh to work seamlessly with a network-connected Blu-ray™ player and offers advanced features such as:
o ADVANCED REMOTE CONTROL: A sleek, elegant new way to operate your Blu-ray™ player. Users can navigate through menus, playback and BD-Live™ functions with ease.
o VIDEO TIMELINE: Users can easily bring up the video timeline, allowing them to instantly access any point in the movie.
o MOBILE-TO-GO: Users can unlock a selection of bonus content with their Blu-ray™ discs to save to their device or to stream from anywhere there’s a Wi-Fi network, enabling them to enjoy exclusive content on the go, anytime, anywhere.
o VIRTUAL KEYBOARD: Enter data into a Blu-ray™ player with your device’s easy and intuitive keyboard that will facilitate such Blu-ray™ features as chatting with friends and sending messages.
• DIGITAL COPY OF THE FILM: Blu-ray™ consumers can download a digital version of the movie to their Mac® and or Windows® PC for a limited time only.
• BD-LIVE™: Access the BD-Live™ Center through your Internet-connected player to watch the latest trailers and more.
• MY SCENES: Bookmark your favorite scenes from the movie.
• AND LOTS MORE!
As well as everything available on the standard DVD and Blu Ray
• DELETED AND ALTERNATE SCENES with commentary from director/producer/ co-writer Edgar Wright
• SCOTT PILGRIM VS. THE BLOOPERS
• FEATURE COMMENTARIES:
o Feature Commentary with director/producer/co-writer Edgar Wright, co-writer Michael Bacall and Author Bryan Lee O’Malley
o Technical Commentary with director/producer/co-writer Edgar Wright and director of photography Bill Pope
o Cast commentary with Michael Cera, Jason Schwartzman, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Ellen Wong and Brandon Routh
o Cast commentary with Anna Kendrick, Aubrey Plaza, Kieran Culkin and Mark Webber
• BEHIND-THE-SCENES PHOTO GALLERIES including Edgar Wright’s photo blog
• TRIVIA TRACK
• GALLERIES: Production photos, art galleries and marketing concepts.
Yeah, they’re gonna get letters…