But days before publication, Skullkickers #1, the first issue of the Tarantinoesque fantasy comedy from Image, has sold copies on eBay for $7.99. Seriously. People are trading in the futures markets with comics.
What does this mean? Well, it means that anyone who picks up a copy of this comic on the day of release could potential flip it straight away on eBay. And while some comic shops may be aware of this, limit copies to one per customer, or flip it themselves before it reaches the rack, plenty won’t. This could be Captain America #25 all over again. Without the promise of a stack of extra first prints on the way.
It’s also worth pointing out that certain online retailers are still offering copies at cover or below-cover price…
- Old Man Hawkeye #1 and Venom #160 Go to Second Printings - January 16, 2018
- Neil Gaiman Announces Paperback of Norse Mythology for Tuesday, March 6th - January 16, 2018
- Finally – Frank Miller’s 300 Prequel, Xerxes, from Dark Horse Comics in April 2018 - January 16, 2018
- So… Why Is Marvel Not Cancelling Their Lowest-Selling Comics? - January 16, 2018
- John Nee is the New Publisher of Marvel Comics - January 16, 2018