But days before publication, Skullkickers #1, the first issue of the Tarantinoesque fantasy comedy from Image, has sold copies on eBay for $7.99. Seriously. People are trading in the futures markets with comics.
What does this mean? Well, it means that anyone who picks up a copy of this comic on the day of release could potential flip it straight away on eBay. And while some comic shops may be aware of this, limit copies to one per customer, or flip it themselves before it reaches the rack, plenty won’t. This could be Captain America #25 all over again. Without the promise of a stack of extra first prints on the way.
It’s also worth pointing out that certain online retailers are still offering copies at cover or below-cover price…
- When Superheroes Get Social Justice Right, They Really Get It Right – The “Books As Flint” Panel At C2E2 - April 23, 2017
- When Teachers, Libraries And Comic Shops Order Bitch Planet Together – The C2E2 Panel - April 23, 2017
- Comics, Censorship, And Turmoil At The Border – The CBLDF Panel Report From C2E2 - April 23, 2017
- Will DC Bombshells Become Mothers? These Questions And More At The DC Uncharted Panel At C2E2 - April 23, 2017
- When Rooster Teeth Endorse Your Fan-Made Games At C2E2… - April 23, 2017