He may have been found guilty of misleading investigators. He may have had a mistrial on other charges leading to a new court case for next year. There may be recorded evidence of him trying to sell the Obama’s vacated senate seat for personal profit. But Chicago loves their ex-governor Rod Blagojevich and that was evident on their faces as Rod walked around the show. I took a few shaky videos and images from the mall of bodies that surrounded the guy, as he pressed the flesh with the likes of Adam West (he’s not a mayor, he just voices one on TV) and I even got to ask him a couple of questions of my own.
Update by Mark Seifert, 5/31/2017: Nearly seven years later, Rich’s quick-witted “Do you see your future as a Comic, or a Con?” question to Rod Blagojevich on the show floor at Chicago that year is still one of my very favorite moments in BC history. The ex-governor also spent a few hours at the show that Sunday next to the Avatar Press booth hanging out with the Suicide Girls. Alas, the booth was too mobbed to get a good photo of that one.
Blagojevich is still endeavoring to answer the question Rich posed here, which he neatly dodged that day in 2010, it seems. We posted about him again when he was sentenced in to fourteen years for corruption in late 2011. Now comes word from the Chicago Tribune that the FBI has released tapes of phone calls between Blagojevich and current Illinois gubernatorial candidate J.B. Pritzker.
Phone calls secretly recorded by federal agents — never before publicly revealed — captured that exchange and other conversations between the influential Democratic donor and the then-governor discussing politics, their futures and the ramifications of Blagojevich’s authority to fill the Senate seat being vacated by President-elect Barack Obama.
Here’s the one for the Daily Show.
Blago Meets The Batman
Walking With Extinct Politicians
- Ryan Lochte To Appear At Wizard World Comic Con In Richmond
- When Rod Blagojevich Went To Comic Con
- The Rod Blagojevich Celebrity Exchange Rate
- Weirdest Guest Of Wizard World Chicago – Rod Blagojevich (UPDATE)
- Kirby Comics Opens in Hanover, Pennsylvania, Makes the Front Page - January 20, 2018
- Al Ewing Has a “Most Awesome, Mind-Bending Miniseries Ever” Coming from Marvel Comics - January 20, 2018
- First Peek at Wild’s End Original Graphic Novel by Dan Abnett and INJ Culbard - January 20, 2018
- 28-Page Preview of Super Suckers #1, Another of Sitcomics’ 64-Page $3.99 Comics - January 20, 2018
- A Chat with Travis McIntire, Publisher of Source Point Press - January 20, 2018