Neil Gaiman has been writing about the trials and tribulations of writing Doctor Who and includes a scene that has now most definitely been cut from his upcoming episode. It starts when “The Doctor has just been given a bowl of something to eat. Something…possibly… alien…”
Is it something people can eat?
Shouldn’t you scan it with your screwdriver or something?
Why would I scan food with my screwdriver?
See if it’s safe?
The Doctor leans over, dips his finger into his bowl, tastes it.
Some unusual trace elements, smidge too much background radiation, but, yeah, very yummy.
Amy is about to try some of his food… he stops her.
THE DOCTOR (cont’d)
No. Don’t put it in your mouth.
Not for humans?
Not for you. Tastes like Marmite on socks.
- I’ll Be At The London Film And Comic-Con Tomorrow, Table 38 - July 27, 2017
- The Return Of That Feminist Agenda T-Shirt (Marvel Comics Spoilers) - July 27, 2017
- The Return Of Wizard Magazine: A Guide To Comics? - July 27, 2017
- Transformers: Lost Light #8 Features Trans Women Transformers - July 27, 2017
- Second Printings For Generation Gone, Generations: Hulks, Snotgirl, Shirtless Bear Fighter, And Edge Of Venomverse - July 27, 2017