There’s been some fuss about the future of the Earth One series of original graphic novels with a number of places reporting comments from San Diego that, after the first Superman original graphic novel, the story will continue as a series of issues, to be collected at a later date. Combined with the lack of solicitation for the Batman Earth One book, some considered the line to be dead on arrival.
Superman Earth One writer Joe Michael Straczynski wants to correct this. He writes;
Could somebody do me a favor and pass this on to the folks who have been saying that I announced that plans for the OGN Earth One series have been changed? It’s not what I said but it’s all over the net and nobody checks with me to confirm… what was said before going out with these stories?
In brief…I was asked about the format of the graphic novels, was it going to be single issues collected as is the rule or a straight-up GN, to which I said it was a novel, unlike B&B [Brave And The Bold], which was single issues gathered into a hardcover (thus trying to promote the book, which is coming out this week), having a little fun with it when the fan said he was confused, and I said I was too. That was it. Somehow these two statements concerning two different books got conflated into one.
The one has nothing to do with the other.
It’s a shame that DC’s response didn’t exactly clear this up quite as succinctly as JMS has done…
- How Will the Origin of Carol Danvers Change in The Life Of Captain Marvel #3 (Final Page Spoiler) - September 19, 2018
- Did Tom King Channel Brian Bolland For Nightwing’s Fate In Batman #55 (Spoilers) - September 19, 2018
- DC Comics Censors Batpenis in Digital Versions of Batman: Damned - September 19, 2018
- How DC Comics is Advertising Its DC Universe Streaming App in Their Comics - September 19, 2018
- Marvel Revisits Its Swimsuit Specials in Today’s Multiple Man #4 (Spoilers) - September 19, 2018