This morning, producer Sue Vurtue confirmed that there will be a second series of Sherlock, starring Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman. With overnight ratings just shy of 8 million for the final 90 minute episode with plenty more time-shifted viewers to come, it was almost inevitable.
Created by Sue’s husband Steven Moffat and comedian Mark Gatiss, this Sherlock is a modern-day London-set drama that updates the original, using modern-day technologies for stylistic storytelling devices.
The pair appeared on BBC Breakfast this morning with Sue confirming that “there will be more, it’s just a matter of how many and when really”
The DVD of the first series is released soon, along with the unaired pilot. The first series also airs in the USA and Canada in October.
- Video Message From Stan Lee at Home With His Daughter JC For Father’s Day - June 18, 2018
- Full DC Comics Catalog for September 2018 + Solicitations - June 18, 2018
- WARNING: That Major X-Men Wedding Spoiler, Revealed in Full - June 18, 2018
- Humberto Ramos Warping Marvel Characters Together for New Comic? #WhoGetsWarped - June 18, 2018
- Has Geoff Johns Remembered Justice League: Rise of the Seven Seas? - June 18, 2018