BatWatch: DC to publish a fifteen-year old never-seen Ron Marz/Bernie Wrightson/Kevin Nowlan Batman story.
ShopWatch: The Yakima Herald looks at how businesses survive when the students go home…
Central City Comics owner Gus Foster does what he can to survive slow business in the summer.
“A decent chunk of our business is university-related, and when that chunk is 50 to 60 percent of your business, you do see a slowdown,” Foster said.
Foster, who’s owned the shop for five years and is the sole employee, said he adjusts his wholesale orders for the summer months.
“If you’re on top of it you can decrease the orders of the comic books,” he said. “Instead of 10 copies you get six copies — you kind of weather the storm.”
To battle slower sales, Foster also extends his hours and has started hosting more gaming tournaments to draw customers. His business, which recently moved to a new location on East Fourth Avenue, also relies on foot traffic from the weekly downtown farmers market and annual events like Jazz in the Valley.
BullyWatch: Dallas Morning News tags Tom Brevoort as a Formpring user.
WashWatch: The mighty Thor… hundred year old washing machine!
HeroWatch: Taram Rotem looks for Israeli superheroes.
Israelis are too cynical, he thinks, to delve into a fantasy where an ordinary person is graced with supernatural powers. “On the other hand,” he adds, “there is a constant yearning to create such a hero and I admit that I also err in this regard.”
Jump comprises intricate storylines that have generous doses of intrigue, and adventure. “We are stretching the boundaries of traditional comic book fiction. Each story has a strong social significance. These are stories about us, in our world, surrounded by situations and circumstances that we can identify with,” says Sundar. The first issue came out just two months ago, and the third issue will be out sometime next week.
- What Will Heroes in Crisis’s Shocking Opener Be? [Potential Spoilers] - June 17, 2018
- DC Creators Will Be Able to Use Shazam, Legion, and JSA Whether or Not Doomsday Clock Has Finished - June 17, 2018
- Cloak and Dagger Classified Confirmed as Digital-First Series – Luke Cage and Jessica Jones to Follow? - June 17, 2018
- Lying In The Gutters – 17th June 2018 – Geoff Johns is Mister Ex… - June 17, 2018
- Top 100 Most-Ordered Comics and Graphic Novels in May 2018 – Action Comics #1000 Came 23rd - June 17, 2018