Anthony Draco painted a picture of Justin Bieber and put it on his Deviant Art site. Darren G Davis of Bluewater Productions got in touch asking if he could use it in his upcoming Justin Bieber biographical comic. And offered the following contract.
August 5, 2010
This communication shall serve as a contract between *my name here* (collectively “Artist”) as independent contractor, and *** Productions for Artist to exclusively provide pin-up (collectively the “Work”) for “Fame: Justin Bieber” to be used as a pin-up and possible trading card published by *** Productions.
Artist will receive 2 complimentary books for the usage of the “Justin Bieber” pin-up.
*my name here* is a non-exclusive employee of Bluewater Productions for “FAME: Justin Bieber” and this is a work for hire agreement. The artist claims no right to copyright or characters. Under a copyright ownership of ***. Artist makes no claims to copyright or title now or in the future. Artist owns the artwork and *** is just licensing it from them.
If you agree with the above please sign and return a copy of this communication.
So that’s a full transfer of complete copyright for the picture – for the price of two free comic books. Which the publisher gets at cost, of course.
- Is There a Post-Credits Scene at the End of Avengers: Infinity War? [Spoiler-Free] - April 24, 2018
- Bleeding Cool’s First Review of Avengers: Infinity War [Spoiler-Free] #ThanosDemandsYourSilence - April 24, 2018
- The Journey of Jane Foster to Valhalla (The Mighty Thor #706) - April 24, 2018
- Further Universal FanCon Fallout… Refunds and Apologies? - April 24, 2018
- Gerard Way and Nick Derington’s Doom Patrol #11 Out This Week Honest – A Ball That Has Not Been Forgotten - April 24, 2018