At the Cup Of Joe panel, Joe Quesada and friend teased and leaked a number of upcoming projects and teams, nothing Bleeding Cool hadn’t really covered… until the end of the presentation. This slide… a certain sigil.
The CrossGen logo. I believe we can draw the appropriate conclusion. Of course, Disney bought all of CrossGen’s assets in bankruptcy court to get Abadazad, didn’t they? And it looks like Marvel will be exploiting the rights to the publisher that at one time looked like it was going to become a major player in the industry.
CrossGen published from 1998 to 2004, the brainchild of investor and comic fan Marc Alessi. Rather than operate the freelance model of most comic industries, they brought creators across the country to work as employees within the company, based in Florida. They had a relatively wide fanbase and creators including Chuck Dixon, Ron Marz, Barbara Kesel, Josh Middleton, Steve McNiven, Brandon Peterson, Aaron Lopresti and Mark Waid as editor-in-chief, but fell foul of debts, late payments and eventual bankruptcy.
So… can we look to see Sigil, Mystic, Meridian, Scion and more?
- Chip Zdarsky and Marco Checchetto Relaunch Daredevil #1 in February - November 15, 2018
- Second Printings For Uncanny X-Men, Avengers, Daredevil, Venom, Spider-Geddon, Wolverine, Fantastic Four - November 15, 2018
- The Works Of William Hogarth on the Walls Of Blacks Club in London - November 15, 2018
- Will There Even Be an Uncanny X-Men Comic After #11? - November 15, 2018
- 11 Revealed DC Comics Covers for December by Jenny Frison, Adam Hughes, Stjepan Šejić and More - November 15, 2018