At the Cup Of Joe panel, Joe Quesada and friend teased and leaked a number of upcoming projects and teams, nothing Bleeding Cool hadn’t really covered… until the end of the presentation. This slide… a certain sigil.
The CrossGen logo. I believe we can draw the appropriate conclusion. Of course, Disney bought all of CrossGen’s assets in bankruptcy court to get Abadazad, didn’t they? And it looks like Marvel will be exploiting the rights to the publisher that at one time looked like it was going to become a major player in the industry.
CrossGen published from 1998 to 2004, the brainchild of investor and comic fan Marc Alessi. Rather than operate the freelance model of most comic industries, they brought creators across the country to work as employees within the company, based in Florida. They had a relatively wide fanbase and creators including Chuck Dixon, Ron Marz, Barbara Kesel, Josh Middleton, Steve McNiven, Brandon Peterson, Aaron Lopresti and Mark Waid as editor-in-chief, but fell foul of debts, late payments and eventual bankruptcy.
So… can we look to see Sigil, Mystic, Meridian, Scion and more?
- Are We Getting an Original Unity Omnibus from Valiant Entertainment? - January 21, 2018
- 24-Page Preview of Z-People #1, Another of Sitcomics’ 64-Page $3.99 Comics - January 21, 2018
- More from Glenat’s Conan the Barbarian Series Starting This Year - January 21, 2018
- Hannah Blumenreich’s Official Free Comic Book Day 2018 Poster - January 21, 2018
- Jeepers Creepers by Marc Andreyko and Kewber Baal, from Dynamite in April - January 21, 2018