The photo above is a proposed comic book line up, snapped at a Toys ‘R’ Us in North Little Rock, Arkansas. It shows that the toy seller is about to start selling selection of comics with mainstream appeal. Note the preponderance of superhero-comics-for kids, lots of use of the word Adventures in the titles. Teh DC Cartoon Network books and Tiny Titans. Also media friendly titles such as Titan’s WWE, Bongo’s The Simpsons and Archies’ Sonic The Hedgehog. But there is certainly Marvel dominance.
However the maturing of certain DC and Marvel titles of late may indicate there may be problems in the future. Will Toys ‘R’ Us be happy with Spider-Man engaging in casual sex?
- DC Comics April 2018 Catalog – Solicits From Action Comics #1000 to Splitting Batman In Two… - January 22, 2018
- DC Comics Cancels Trinity With #22 in April 2018 - January 22, 2018
- Will Marvel’s New Young Guns Move the Needle? - January 22, 2018
- 20 Previews of Free Comic Book Day 2018 Titles, from Barrier to Relay to 2000AD Reneged - January 22, 2018
- Frankensteining Marvel Comics Solicits for April 2018 - January 22, 2018