The photo above is a proposed comic book line up, snapped at a Toys ‘R’ Us in North Little Rock, Arkansas. It shows that the toy seller is about to start selling selection of comics with mainstream appeal. Note the preponderance of superhero-comics-for kids, lots of use of the word Adventures in the titles. Teh DC Cartoon Network books and Tiny Titans. Also media friendly titles such as Titan’s WWE, Bongo’s The Simpsons and Archies’ Sonic The Hedgehog. But there is certainly Marvel dominance.
However the maturing of certain DC and Marvel titles of late may indicate there may be problems in the future. Will Toys ‘R’ Us be happy with Spider-Man engaging in casual sex?
- The Small Town Barbeque Vampires Of “Redneck” By Donny Cates, Lisandro Estherren And Dee Cunniffe From Image/Skybound In April - January 23, 2017
- Topps To Publish A Trump-Based Garbage Pail Kids Comic – Donald Dump! - January 23, 2017
- What Will Happen To Task Force X After Justice League Vs Suicide Squad? Just Ask Grant Morrison (SPOILERS) - January 23, 2017
- Speculator Corner: Star Wars #49 – The Last Jedi – From Marvel Comics - January 23, 2017
- Scott Lobdell Writes Aspen’s Crossover Series, No World, Debuting In April 2017 - January 23, 2017