The photo above is a proposed comic book line up, snapped at a Toys ‘R’ Us in North Little Rock, Arkansas. It shows that the toy seller is about to start selling selection of comics with mainstream appeal. Note the preponderance of superhero-comics-for kids, lots of use of the word Adventures in the titles. Teh DC Cartoon Network books and Tiny Titans. Also media friendly titles such as Titan’s WWE, Bongo’s The Simpsons and Archies’ Sonic The Hedgehog. But there is certainly Marvel dominance.
However the maturing of certain DC and Marvel titles of late may indicate there may be problems in the future. Will Toys ‘R’ Us be happy with Spider-Man engaging in casual sex?
- DC Comics To Run TV Ads For ‘Dark Knight III: The Master Race’ Collection For The Holidays - July 24, 2017
- Details On How Harley Quinn Will Take Over Batman Day In September - July 24, 2017
- Where Was Henry Cavill During San Diego Comic-Con 2017? - July 24, 2017
- Batman Comics Could Have Had A Priest In Charge - July 24, 2017
- Make-A-Wish Recipient Meets Steven Universe Cast At San Diego Comic-Con 2017 - July 24, 2017