Thuat Nguyen, whose Vietnamese digital manga publishing company is listed by Apple as “mycompany” with a has appeared to be the biggest hit on the new device, gaining forty of the top fifty book apps, easily outselling all other comic publishers and most book publishers too.
Not only has this seen the top charts dominated by the publisher, but it seems that sales to get it to that point have been achieved by hacking accounts and seeing fraudulent purchases on thousands of people’s accounts. It’s estimated that this publisher has already gained over a million US dollars from the fraud. And naturally, much of the content also seems to have been fraudulently gained as well.
Apple Insider. shows how such fraud can be attempted, and the Apple structure that allows, even tolerates much of it.
Now Apple is purging the system of these apps. But the big question is, when Apple seem so concerned over the appearance of a gay kiss in one comic, how come over forty illegal and fraudelent manga apps were allowed through?
- All of DC Comics Reboots Are Still Happening, Even Elongated Man’s Identity Crisis Face (Super Sons #12 Spoilers) - January 17, 2018
- Is Avengers: No Surrender a Flipped Version of Marvel Super-Heroes Secret Wars? (Avengers #676 Spoilers) - January 17, 2018
- Wolverine Continues to Walk Through the Marvel Universe Missing Everyone (Thor #703 Spoilers) - January 17, 2018
- Image/Skybound Sends Retailers Complete Robert Kirkman Oblivion Song Trade Paperback Two Months Before First Issue Published - January 17, 2018
- Is This Our June Wedding Then? (Spoilers for Today’s Marvel Comics) - January 17, 2018