Over of the Spider-Girl boards, writer and ex-Editor-In-Chief of Marvel Comics Tom DeFalco writes about the final issues of Spider-Girl, featuring Mayday Parker, the costume superhero daughter of Peter Parker and Mary Jane Watson.
Thank you for supporting the work the team and I have done.
Nobody knows what the future will bring. I can’t predict the possibly of a Spider-Girl cartoon. I’m sure it is possible. Will it happen? Your guess is as good as mine.
As for Mayday, I know things look extremely bleak at the moment–especially since Marvel is going to try to relaunch Arana with Spider-Girl’s name. Will that trick work? Again, your guess is as good as mine.
However, I think we have all created something very special here and I am convinced that Mayday will eventually return to comic books. (Just to make it absolutely clear–this is just a belief on my part–and not based on anything else! There is no secret plan to relaunch Mayday that I know.)
I really want the sales on SPIDER-GIRL: THE END to send ourt girl out in style and–please excuse this moment of unprofessionalism–really STICK IT TO MARVEL!
Araña is another young Spider-influenced superheroine who had her own book for a while and is recently to be seen as a member of the Young Allies.
And, according to Tom, it looks like she may be inheriting the Spider-Girl trademark… and in that case, possibly her own title again.
- The Eisner Awards 2017 – Live, As They Come In - July 21, 2017
- IDW Cut Comics By 25% – And More First Strike, Star Trek, And Black Crown From The Diamond Retailer Presentation - July 21, 2017
- What It Looks Like When Retailers Race To Get Exclusive San Diego Comic-Con Swag - July 21, 2017
- Boom! Studios’ 5 Biggest Problems In Comics, And A ‘Clueless’ Graphic Novel - July 21, 2017
- Comic Book Legal Defense Fund To Train Comic Book Retailers In Their Legal Rights - July 21, 2017