A couple of weeks ago, Comic Book Resources published a long interview with Bob Silva of European publisher Humanoids and its wide ranging series of plans to publish directly in the USA to the English speaking market. However, not everything appears to be as rosy as he was laying out.
The publisher has lost a number of their former star creators. And since their books are mostly creator owned, said creators took the books with them.
So Bilal, and his entire backlist, is now at Casterman.
Jodorowsky, who had been one of the staunchest Humanoids supporters, now publishes his new series now at Delcourt and Drugstore, a Glénat imprint).
No wonder Humanoids to so keen to push US publication of the work it has control ovber immediately as well rush through compilations of album volumes in France, as a way to make new money from old work.
Humanoids is a large enough company. But it does needs some of its stable of creators to become bigger names quite quickly, if they wouldn’t mind.
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 22nd January 2017 – “I Ordered Really Low On Monsters Unleashed But It Wasn’t Low Enough” - January 22, 2017
- So Why Were DC Comics April 2017 Solicitations Delayed A Week Anyway? - January 22, 2017
- Warren Ellis, On Whether Nazis Should Be Punched In The Face, Or Not - January 22, 2017
- Lying In The Gutters – 22nd January 2017 – Supergirl Grabs Bleeding Cool By The Traffic - January 22, 2017
- Sean Gordon Murphy’s New Batman Series, Teased… - January 22, 2017