The new Wizard magazine (#228) guest edited by Mark Millar, naturally has a number of Mark Millar-related features in it. Sadly nothing I could find from the promised Fox executive over the X-Men: First Classplans. But we start with an interview with Millar over his new Superior project. He starts saying;
Superior is in a lot of ways is the project I’ve wanted to write my entire life. It’s everything I love about those big bombastic kind of Superman/Captain Marvel heroes.
And for those expecting something akin to Maximortal, he stresses “a different toner. It’s got a lot of heart as well as the usual insane amount of violence”
And in a quote that will probably get a lot of play, “What I suppose I’ve done here really is kind of Marvelize Superman”.
And despite all various claims over the years, Mark Millar is terribly realistic all of a sudden. “I will never write the Superman comic probably.”
So maybe this is the next best thing. Superior is about a thirteen year old boy with multiple sclerosis who becomes an adult overpowered superhero. More Big than Captain Marvel, he’ll be up against Abraxas (below) who Millar describes as “Darkseid Meets Brainiac Meets Darth Vader”
In other news in the issue: Damon Lindelof was turned on by the cover of Lois Lane #11. Leinil Yu by Archie Comics, Zak Penn would like to make an R-rated Elektra movie and Marvel censored Millar’s initial wish to show the main character holding the decapitated head of Obama at the end of Nemesis#1 as they would receive visists from the federal authorities.
You know, I’ve had this script sitting on my hard drive for a year called Just Another Dead President. I really should do something with it.
Say, does anyone remember Prime?
- 28-Page Preview of Super Suckers #1, Another of Sitcomics’ 64-Page $3.99 Comics - January 20, 2018
- A Chat with Travis McIntire, Publisher of Source Point Press - January 20, 2018
- What Happens if the Big Two Stop Publishing Comics? Find Out in This New Comic - January 20, 2018
- Comics Creator Mark Campos Has Died, Aged 55 - January 20, 2018
- African American Superhero Comics ‘YouNeek’ Get UK/European Bookstore Distribution Deal - January 20, 2018