Alan Recorded on Friday, Moore and Jonathan Ross appeared on BBC Radio 4 on Monday in The Infinite Monkey Cage, a science comedy panel show with Robin Ince and Brian Cox.
Alan Moore talks about how the science in science fiction is “mostly rubbish, is there to serve the story” and how he made stuff up for Halo Jones. However, what Moore made up, Robin then confirms is correct. Which throws Alan for a bit a loop. He talks about how Mary Shelley created science fiction as a way to tell a story. How Tom Swift, Boy Inventor formed the tone of American science fiction, without doubt or pessimism. Alan Moore’s super stringed violin. Expressions of belief that consciousness is unreplicataple. And how the universe may be reordering itself to reflect science-fiction ideas.
While Jonathan Ross espoused a theory that we reinterpret past science fiction in our own image and accused Brian Cox of being Lex Luthor…
- Dick Grayson is Now Called Ric Grayson as Fabian Nicieza Joins Scott Lobdell on Nightwing #51 - October 15, 2018
- The Full DC Comics Catalogue for January 2019 - October 15, 2018
- The Writer of Invictus Pens Graphic Novel, Mandela and the General - October 15, 2018
- Olivia Olson’s Marcy & Simon #1 Kicks Off Official Canon Continuation of Adventure Time in January - October 15, 2018
- The Future of Black Label at DC Comics – It’s All Stephen Colbert’s Fault? - October 15, 2018