Alan Recorded on Friday, Moore and Jonathan Ross appeared on BBC Radio 4 on Monday in The Infinite Monkey Cage, a science comedy panel show with Robin Ince and Brian Cox.
Alan Moore talks about how the science in science fiction is “mostly rubbish, is there to serve the story” and how he made stuff up for Halo Jones. However, what Moore made up, Robin then confirms is correct. Which throws Alan for a bit a loop. He talks about how Mary Shelley created science fiction as a way to tell a story. How Tom Swift, Boy Inventor formed the tone of American science fiction, without doubt or pessimism. Alan Moore’s super stringed violin. Expressions of belief that consciousness is unreplicataple. And how the universe may be reordering itself to reflect science-fiction ideas.
While Jonathan Ross espoused a theory that we reinterpret past science fiction in our own image and accused Brian Cox of being Lex Luthor…
- What If DC Were Publishing A Batman/Shadow Comic By Snyder, Orlando And Rossmo, But No One Made A Sound? - January 19, 2017
- Gendercrunching November 2016 – Marvel, DC, Boom, Titan, Dynamite And Valiant - January 19, 2017
- Image Comics’ $428 Humble Bundle To Benefit Human Rights Campaign For Their 25th Birthday - January 19, 2017
- Riz Ahmed And Billie Piper In Trailer For City Of Tiny Lights - January 19, 2017
- The Panels, Guest And Signing Schedules For 2000AD’s 40 Years Of Thrill-Power Festival Next Month - January 19, 2017