Earlier this week, Bleeding Cool broke the story of the plan by multi-media store Hastings to massively increase its presence in the comic book direct market, with 127 stores rolling out with Diamond Comic Distribution accounts. But what sway will they have on the market?
Everyone knows that the bigger comic book retailers can often arrange exclusive covers to comics, only sold in their specific outlets.
So when Hastings have 127 outlets, the only question to be answered is, which comic will be first?
And the answer is Artifacts #1 from Top Cow, Here, exclusively, is the first exclusive comics cover to be sold at Hastings. Whichever one is closest to you.
Filip Sablik, publisher of Top Cow Comics told me;
I met with James Parker in Chicago at C2E2 and was really impressed by not only his enthusiasm for comics and graphic novels, but also the impressive work Hastings has done to create a comprehensive comic section in their stores. We’re thrilled to have partnered with Hastings for an Artifacts wraparound variant cover by the interior artist Michael Broussard
So the only other question to be asked is… who will be second?
- How Mike Baron Channelled Bruce Lee, Paul Gulacy And Jim Steranko For Q-Ball – Thanks To Barry McClain - November 20, 2017
- Alex De Campi’s Weekly Twisted Romance Anthology For February From Image Comics - November 20, 2017
- What Will Loot Crate Be Giving You For Christmas? And What Will You Be Giving Everyone Else? EXPLORE And STAR WARS - November 20, 2017
- Over 70 Cosplay Shots From Anime NYC In New York City (Hence The Name) This Weekend - November 20, 2017
- Simon Myers Looks To The Future With Doctor Who Comics Original Art On eBay - November 20, 2017