Earlier this week, Bleeding Cool broke the story of the plan by multi-media store Hastings to massively increase its presence in the comic book direct market, with 127 stores rolling out with Diamond Comic Distribution accounts. But what sway will they have on the market?
Everyone knows that the bigger comic book retailers can often arrange exclusive covers to comics, only sold in their specific outlets.
So when Hastings have 127 outlets, the only question to be answered is, which comic will be first?
And the answer is Artifacts #1 from Top Cow, Here, exclusively, is the first exclusive comics cover to be sold at Hastings. Whichever one is closest to you.
Filip Sablik, publisher of Top Cow Comics told me;
I met with James Parker in Chicago at C2E2 and was really impressed by not only his enthusiasm for comics and graphic novels, but also the impressive work Hastings has done to create a comprehensive comic section in their stores. We’re thrilled to have partnered with Hastings for an Artifacts wraparound variant cover by the interior artist Michael Broussard
So the only other question to be asked is… who will be second?
- What Happened To Everyone In Love Actually, Revealed With Screencaps - March 24, 2017
- US Senators Want To Know Ike Perlmutter’s Comings And Goings - March 24, 2017
- Peter Kaye’s Car Share Series 2 Debuts At UK Cinemas Next Friday For Comic Relief - March 24, 2017
- A Few Comic Book Exclusives For WonderCon 2017… - March 24, 2017
- San Diego Comic Con To Open A Comics Museum In San Diego, In 2018 - March 24, 2017