Bleeding Cool previously reported that Josh Hutcherson was Sony’s initial favoured candidate for the leading role of Spider-Man 4, but that he’s contractually obliged to appear in the sequel to Warners’ Journey To The Centre of The Earth.
This would scupper his availability to play the web slinger. And as a result, Jamie Bell was being prepped as the chosen candidate. Since then I’ve only received confirmatory comment ragarding this decision.
But never underestimate a Hollywood lawyer. I understand that there are serious moves to free Josh from his Warner-based contractual committments and suddenly free him up to play the web swinger.
Which would certainly explain one or two of Hutcherson’s comments of late.
Of course, it’s worth remembering that Warner Bros have lawyers too.
- Action Lab Puts Five Million Comics In The Classroom, Announces Kid Sherlock, Albert Einstein: Time Mason, Stray, Midnight Tiger And The Ghost, The Owl - April 27, 2017
- Heading Towards 100,000 For X-O Manowar #1’s Third Printing - April 27, 2017
- Leo Baxendale, Creator Of The Bash Street Kids, Dies At 86 - April 27, 2017
- Bumping The Numbers On The 25-Cent Saga #43 By Bryan K Vaughan And Fiona Staples - April 27, 2017
- Exclusive: A Few DC Covers For May, From Gary Frank To Frank Cho To Jim Lee To Emanuela Lupacchino To Jenny Frison - April 27, 2017