Bleeding Cool previously reported that Josh Hutcherson was Sony’s initial favoured candidate for the leading role of Spider-Man 4, but that he’s contractually obliged to appear in the sequel to Warners’ Journey To The Centre of The Earth.
This would scupper his availability to play the web slinger. And as a result, Jamie Bell was being prepped as the chosen candidate. Since then I’ve only received confirmatory comment ragarding this decision.
But never underestimate a Hollywood lawyer. I understand that there are serious moves to free Josh from his Warner-based contractual committments and suddenly free him up to play the web swinger.
Which would certainly explain one or two of Hutcherson’s comments of late.
Of course, it’s worth remembering that Warner Bros have lawyers too.
- The DC Masterclass Panel Welcomes Latecomers, From Dan DiDio To Greg Capullo To Frank Miller - July 22, 2017
- Marvel’s Hasbro Panel At San Diego Comic-Con In 85 Photos - July 22, 2017
- New Thor: Ragnarok Poster Released To Dazzle The Senses - July 22, 2017
- Miracleman Is Coming. Just Not Yet. Wait. - July 22, 2017
- Motor Crush #9 Will Be A Flashback Issue Drawn By Cameron Stewart With Babs Tarr On Colours - July 22, 2017