Bleeding Cool previously reported that Josh Hutcherson was Sony’s initial favoured candidate for the leading role of Spider-Man 4, but that he’s contractually obliged to appear in the sequel to Warners’ Journey To The Centre of The Earth.
This would scupper his availability to play the web slinger. And as a result, Jamie Bell was being prepped as the chosen candidate. Since then I’ve only received confirmatory comment ragarding this decision.
But never underestimate a Hollywood lawyer. I understand that there are serious moves to free Josh from his Warner-based contractual committments and suddenly free him up to play the web swinger.
Which would certainly explain one or two of Hutcherson’s comments of late.
Of course, it’s worth remembering that Warner Bros have lawyers too.
- DC Comics April 2018 Catalog – Solicits From Action Comics #1000 to Splitting Batman In Two… - January 22, 2018
- DC Comics Cancels Trinity With #22 in April 2018 - January 22, 2018
- Will Marvel’s New Young Guns Move the Needle? - January 22, 2018
- 20 Previews of Free Comic Book Day 2018 Titles, from Barrier to Relay to 2000AD Reneged - January 22, 2018
- Frankensteining Marvel Comics Solicits for April 2018 - January 22, 2018