When I reported earlier about Damon Albarn talking about a Gorillaz/Alan Moore opera based on the life of the magician John Dee, I pointed out that, despite Damon’s words, I’d been told that the project was on hold.
Sadly that seems to have been true. If you interpret “on hold” as being “not going to happen”
Alan Moore describes the situation above as “It didn’t work out, shall we say” – he puts it down to Gorillaz not completing reciprocal pages for Dodgem Logic and Moore’s role on the project expanding beyond his original committment. What he created will instead be appearing in the next long-awaited volume of Strange Attractor Journal. As Moore quotes from TV game show Bullseye “let’s see what you could have won.”
The full video interview with Paul Gravett can be found in five parts starting here where he talks about many many things, including telling us that he’s two-thirds of his way through The Bumper Book Of Magic.
- Rewriting Superman From Scratch In Action Comics #978 – With A Little Help From Secret Origin - April 24, 2017
- The Fake Jack Kirby Art That Sold For Over $2500 On eBay? - April 24, 2017
- Let’s All Watch A Video About How Diamond Have Changed Their Olive Branch Distribution Centre - April 24, 2017
- Does Your Copy Of Secret Empire #0 Have A Misprint On Page 2? - April 24, 2017
- Process Is The Topic of the Day At C2E2’s Writing For Comics Panel - April 24, 2017