When I reported earlier about Damon Albarn talking about a Gorillaz/Alan Moore opera based on the life of the magician John Dee, I pointed out that, despite Damon’s words, I’d been told that the project was on hold.
Sadly that seems to have been true. If you interpret “on hold” as being “not going to happen”
Alan Moore describes the situation above as “It didn’t work out, shall we say” – he puts it down to Gorillaz not completing reciprocal pages for Dodgem Logic and Moore’s role on the project expanding beyond his original committment. What he created will instead be appearing in the next long-awaited volume of Strange Attractor Journal. As Moore quotes from TV game show Bullseye “let’s see what you could have won.”
The full video interview with Paul Gravett can be found in five parts starting here where he talks about many many things, including telling us that he’s two-thirds of his way through The Bumper Book Of Magic.
- Shooting Venom On The Streets Of San Francisco - January 22, 2018
- An Analysis of Promethea’s Appearance In Justice League Of America #23 – and a Possible Way Out(SPOILERS) - January 22, 2018
- Are We Getting an Original Unity Omnibus from Valiant Entertainment? - January 21, 2018
- 24-Page Preview of Z-People #1, Another of Sitcomics’ 64-Page $3.99 Comics - January 21, 2018
- More from Glenat’s Conan the Barbarian Series Starting This Year - January 21, 2018