When I reported earlier about Damon Albarn talking about a Gorillaz/Alan Moore opera based on the life of the magician John Dee, I pointed out that, despite Damon’s words, I’d been told that the project was on hold.
Sadly that seems to have been true. If you interpret “on hold” as being “not going to happen”
Alan Moore describes the situation above as “It didn’t work out, shall we say” – he puts it down to Gorillaz not completing reciprocal pages for Dodgem Logic and Moore’s role on the project expanding beyond his original committment. What he created will instead be appearing in the next long-awaited volume of Strange Attractor Journal. As Moore quotes from TV game show Bullseye “let’s see what you could have won.”
The full video interview with Paul Gravett can be found in five parts starting here where he talks about many many things, including telling us that he’s two-thirds of his way through The Bumper Book Of Magic.
- We Are All Monsters – A Cadaver’s Confession - January 22, 2017
- Through The Eyes Of An Elephant-Man - January 22, 2017
- ‘Bout Time … Deadpool Meets Gwenpool - January 22, 2017
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 22nd January 2017 – “I Ordered Really Low On Monsters Unleashed But It Wasn’t Low Enough” - January 22, 2017
- So Why Were DC Comics April 2017 Solicitations Delayed A Week Anyway? - January 22, 2017