At this stage, it would be easier to find a superhero movie that wasn’t filmed in London. Superman, Batman, Dark Knight, Kick Ass and now Captain America, it seems there’s something about a London stage and a film crew desperate to get down to the pub, that breeds a certain type of film making. And now it looks as if the X-Men are to join them.
On his Radio 2 show this morning, broadcaster Jonathan Ross stated that his wife, Jane Goldman, and prequel movie X-Men: First Class screenwriter would be working this summer from Pinewood Studios.
With her other movie, The Debt already wrapped, does this suggest that this would be for the X-movie, and that the shooting schedule has been moved up?
A Pinewood shoot would also suit director Matthew Vaughn who has worked there previously for both Stardust and Kick-Ass. And with Brits writing, directing and starring in the movies, added to low sterling and some decent tax breaks, looks like the traditional of the British American superhero film continues unabated.
Jonathan Ross’ radio show will be missed when he leaves the BBC – especially by this site, who got some lovely scoops thanks to him.
UPDATE: The X-Men: First Class production office at Pinewood was opened on May 10th and they have two big sound stages for the shoot. Vaughn and Goldman are already working out of the studio to a large extent.
- Reviewing By The Numbers: A Tarnished Tintin For Grown Ups - January 22, 2017
- More Comics Folk Attend Anti-Trump Women’s Marches Around The World #WomensMarch - January 21, 2017
- James Hudnall Pleads For His Friends To Give Trump A Chance - January 21, 2017
- Comics Folk React To (Or Are Part Of) The Women’s Marches Against Donald Trump - January 21, 2017
- Peter Capaldi Joins The Anti-Trump Women’s March In London – Potential Spoiler For The 13th Doctor? - January 21, 2017