StarWatch: When AT-ATs mate at Wondercon 2010…
IronWatch: This Iron Man Bearbrick mashup… is it me or is it more like a new Disney/Marvel icon?
I think I might use nit that way from now on.
DoctorWatch: Neil Gaiman talks to the BBC about writing Doctor Who.
I don’t know what it’s like to be God – obviously. Until that very first moment when you get to sit down and type the words in your script: INTERIOR. TARDIS. Suddenly I got a very good idea of what it must feel like. I went: ‘I’m writing it now this scene in the Tardis. I’m writing it!’ And that was amazing, it was wonderful.
I’d love to see the scene at the breakfast table. “Pass the salt, Amanda. I am writing Doctor Who after all.”
SuperWatch: As Tom Welling states that Smallville will conclude with the next season, anyone want to put money on a Metropolis TV series?
CapWatch: Iron Man 2 gets a bunch of real licensed caps. With glow in the dark Iron eyes, apparently.
PoachingWatch: Utah artist Emmanuel Makonga has created an anti-poaching graphic novel to raise awareness and money to combat the practice.
MangaWatch: Mania gives a run down on the best twenty series from CMX.
Watch out for some serious reductions in stores as DC begin to clear their warehouses of the much admired manga imprint.
CancellationWatch: Scot Kolins talks about the Magog cancellation and how it feels to turn a five issue run into a two-and-a-special run instead.
LegalWatch: A new trial of Michael Geoge, comic-book shop owner, charged with the murder of his wife two decades ago, may now be heard by the Supreme Court.
SwipeWatch: Todd Allen sees a Swipe File in the 24 finale and Man In A Suitcase…
GangWatch: The real Teen Wolves of LA… someone send Jeph Loeb round with a camera crew.
Thanks to OM for a bunch of links…
- More from Glenat’s Conan the Barbarian Series Starting This Year - January 21, 2018
- Hannah Blumenreich’s Official Free Comic Book Day 2018 Poster - January 21, 2018
- Jeepers Creepers by Marc Andreyko and Kewber Baal, from Dynamite in April - January 21, 2018
- Comic Store in Your Future: Not Convinced Comic Sales Are Going to Improve Anytime Soon - January 21, 2018
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 21st January 2018 – A “Great Thaw” Taking Place over Marvel’s Comics - January 21, 2018