It’s the sunniest, hottest weekend of the year so far. And a bunch of sweaty comic book fans are gathered, some in stormtrooper uniforms, in a large building in Bristol, where the air conditioning has suddenly broken.
Welcome to Bristol Comics Expo 2010!
British conventions are generally more relaxed affairs than their American cousins. This, for example, was the DC Comics panel.
Bob Wayne is generally quite relaxed. But have you ever seen him quite so languid? Paul Cornell and David Hine look rather concerned.
It wasn’t an announcement show, that’s not what Bristol really is. But Charlie Adlard was probably the star of the show with his band playing in the evening and long queues for his new Walking Dead print.
There was a large British contingent, naturally. And Thor writer Kieron Gillen and Punisher artist Lawrence Campbell found a lot to bond over.
People learned a few things. That Fables #100 will have a centerspread game board, a cut-out puppet theatre and be 100 pages long, that Tony Lee raved about the hotel breakfasts, that Ellie Graham from Titan had to guard Chris Claremont’s lunch, that Simon Bisely finds it harder to draw women, that Charlie Adlard on drums and Steve Winslade on guitar as part of The Power Cosmic is a heady mix, that Raje’s Doctor Brain toys are rather funky, that a typo on the programme listed 2000AD employees as druids, and that Sean Phillips will gladly draw anyone as a zombie;
Well, you all sound like you had a fun time, do send me your stories 0ver… and I’ll see a whole lot of you next week at the London MCM Expo..
- The Works Of William Hogarth on the Walls Of Blacks Club in London - November 15, 2018
- Will There Even Be an Uncanny X-Men Comic After #11? - November 15, 2018
- 11 Revealed DC Comics Covers for December by Jenny Frison, Adam Hughes, Stjepan Šejić and More - November 15, 2018
- DC Comics Cancels Detective Comics Before Batman and Alex Ross Hardcovers - November 15, 2018
- AfterShock to Publish Ryan Parrott and Charles Pritchett’s Oberon in February 2019 - November 15, 2018