It’s the sunniest, hottest weekend of the year so far. And a bunch of sweaty comic book fans are gathered, some in stormtrooper uniforms, in a large building in Bristol, where the air conditioning has suddenly broken.
Welcome to Bristol Comics Expo 2010!
British conventions are generally more relaxed affairs than their American cousins. This, for example, was the DC Comics panel.
Bob Wayne is generally quite relaxed. But have you ever seen him quite so languid? Paul Cornell and David Hine look rather concerned.
It wasn’t an announcement show, that’s not what Bristol really is. But Charlie Adlard was probably the star of the show with his band playing in the evening and long queues for his new Walking Dead print.
There was a large British contingent, naturally. And Thor writer Kieron Gillen and Punisher artist Lawrence Campbell found a lot to bond over.
People learned a few things. That Fables #100 will have a centerspread game board, a cut-out puppet theatre and be 100 pages long, that Tony Lee raved about the hotel breakfasts, that Ellie Graham from Titan had to guard Chris Claremont’s lunch, that Simon Bisely finds it harder to draw women, that Charlie Adlard on drums and Steve Winslade on guitar as part of The Power Cosmic is a heady mix, that Raje’s Doctor Brain toys are rather funky, that a typo on the programme listed 2000AD employees as druids, and that Sean Phillips will gladly draw anyone as a zombie;
Well, you all sound like you had a fun time, do send me your stories 0ver… and I’ll see a whole lot of you next week at the London MCM Expo..
- The First Thirteenth Doctor Cosplay At San Diego Comic-Con…Is By A Man - July 23, 2017
- David Duchovny Says He Had Difficulty Voice Acting For X-Files Audible Series - July 23, 2017
- First Look At The Doctor Who Christmas Special – And A Look Back At Peter Capaldi’s Time As The doctor - July 23, 2017
- The Doctor Who Christmas Special Will Be Called “Twice Upon A Time” - July 23, 2017
- Doctor Who’s Steven Moffat Says There’s No Backlash Against Jodie Whittaker, Wishes Journalists Would Shut Up - July 23, 2017