PhotoShopWatch: Imwan remix some Brave And The Bold covers… with hilarious results. This one from Beachy…
SpideyWatch: A better shot of the Australian comic store owner from yesterday’s story about Spider-Man and his Jedi Knight friends catching a shoplifter at Free Comic Book Day on Saturday. See video here!
AfricaWatch: South Africa runs Free Comic Book Day in a number of its stores. And sems to have some very similar problems for the market…
RevenueWatch: Fawn Lau, graphics designer on US releases on Fruits Basket, Chobits, and Natsume’s Book of Friends, is overseeing a new quarterly comics magazine F*X*T. And they’ve just raised a five figure funding sum on the Kickstart website. Here’s a rundown of the first issue.
* Creator spotlight/interview with Christy Lijewski
Lijewski will also create the cover art for the first issue of F*X*T.
* Plastic by Mia Schwartz (continuing series)
2 Girls, 1 Trip – When you live in a world of cartoon logic, what kind of life would you lead?
* Tracks by PowFlip (continuing series)
A cliché story about love and death, and death. When Elise moves with her father into the family’s old countryside bungalow – she finds herself a victim of unbearable ennui. The only thing within miles providing even the faintest amusement is the expired penny candies at the local general store. That is, until she meets a mysterious young man…
* Gehenna by Anna Bongiovanni (continuing series)
Growing up is never easy, but Gehenna is not an escape. Rather than grow up, Erik’s older sister Maddie’s spirit flees to the underworld of Gehenna, but Erik must confront rats, ghosts and an Owl as well as his own fears of becoming an adult to rescue her.
* Musik Non Stop by Helen Cho / MBP (continuing series)
Why do YOU rock? Four musicians, four lies, four different agendas and one big pile of money. Also, music!
* Beastie Lore by Sloane Leong (one-shot story)
A few young, mythical creatures try to survive an era that has little imagination by attempting to live and pass as plain ol’ humans themselves. Transgressinal cuteness abounds.
IsmWatch: Cracked runs the Top Five Unintentionally Offensive Comic Book Characters. Damn… Tyroc and the disappearing segregationist island of black people. Damn…
- Twenty-Three Uses For An Overshipped Marvel Comic - January 19, 2017
- Chris Ware, Cosey And Larcenet Are Three Finalists For Angoulême’s Grand Prix , After Alan Moore Pulled Out Again - January 19, 2017
- VIDEO – Stan Lee Unboxes His First Box As His Second Goes Silver Age - January 19, 2017
- Image And Boom Are Diamond’s Comics Publishers Of The Year – The 2016 Gem Awards Results - January 19, 2017
- What If DC Were Publishing A Batman/Shadow Comic By Snyder, Orlando And Rossmo, But No One Made A Sound? - January 19, 2017