PhotoShopWatch: Imwan remix some Brave And The Bold covers… with hilarious results. This one from Beachy…
SpideyWatch: A better shot of the Australian comic store owner from yesterday’s story about Spider-Man and his Jedi Knight friends catching a shoplifter at Free Comic Book Day on Saturday. See video here!
AfricaWatch: South Africa runs Free Comic Book Day in a number of its stores. And sems to have some very similar problems for the market…
RevenueWatch: Fawn Lau, graphics designer on US releases on Fruits Basket, Chobits, and Natsume’s Book of Friends, is overseeing a new quarterly comics magazine F*X*T. And they’ve just raised a five figure funding sum on the Kickstart website. Here’s a rundown of the first issue.
* Creator spotlight/interview with Christy Lijewski
Lijewski will also create the cover art for the first issue of F*X*T.
* Plastic by Mia Schwartz (continuing series)
2 Girls, 1 Trip – When you live in a world of cartoon logic, what kind of life would you lead?
* Tracks by PowFlip (continuing series)
A cliché story about love and death, and death. When Elise moves with her father into the family’s old countryside bungalow – she finds herself a victim of unbearable ennui. The only thing within miles providing even the faintest amusement is the expired penny candies at the local general store. That is, until she meets a mysterious young man…
* Gehenna by Anna Bongiovanni (continuing series)
Growing up is never easy, but Gehenna is not an escape. Rather than grow up, Erik’s older sister Maddie’s spirit flees to the underworld of Gehenna, but Erik must confront rats, ghosts and an Owl as well as his own fears of becoming an adult to rescue her.
* Musik Non Stop by Helen Cho / MBP (continuing series)
Why do YOU rock? Four musicians, four lies, four different agendas and one big pile of money. Also, music!
* Beastie Lore by Sloane Leong (one-shot story)
A few young, mythical creatures try to survive an era that has little imagination by attempting to live and pass as plain ol’ humans themselves. Transgressinal cuteness abounds.
IsmWatch: Cracked runs the Top Five Unintentionally Offensive Comic Book Characters. Damn… Tyroc and the disappearing segregationist island of black people. Damn…
- African American Superhero Comics ‘YouNeek’ Get UK/European Bookstore Distribution Deal - January 20, 2018
- A New Wolverine Comic From Marvel in April 2018… - January 19, 2018
- Martin Rowson to Adapt Karl Marx’s Communist Manifesto as a Graphic Novel, and More from SelfMadeHero in 2018 - January 19, 2018
- All 3 Marvel Comics Nominated for GLAAD Awards Have Been Cancelled - January 19, 2018
- Marvel Comics Signs Kelly Thompson as an Exclusive Creator - January 19, 2018