20th Century Fox have acquired the rights to turn Ed Brubaker and Sean Phillips’ 2009 Incognito series for Marvel Comics into a movie, telling a story of a supervillain turned supergrass who is put through the witness protection system and his powers removed. Until he discovers that taking drugs starts to bring them back again – only to realise he’s become a new man.
Deadline Hollywood exclusively report the story – though they do seem to miss any mention of the artist, co-creator and co-owner of the series, Sean Phillips. Or that the publisher is Marvel Comics. They do however mention that Robert Schenkkan of The Kentucky Cycle, will write the screenplay and that Peter Chernin and Chernin Entertainment will produce with Circle of Confusion’s David Engel. Ed Brubaker is represented by Harris Miller III.
Isn’t this exciting?
UPDATE UPDATE: Deadline have now added Sean’s name.
- John Layman And Sam Kieth Create Eleanor & The Egret From AfterShock Comics - January 17, 2017
- J Michael Straczynski On The Importance – Or Not – Of Superman’s Red Shorts - January 16, 2017
- Clone Conspiracy #4 Goes Back To Amazing Fantasy #15 – But Not Quite In The Way You MightThink - January 16, 2017
- How Jason Fabok’s Watchmen Covers For Batman And Flash In April Came About… - January 16, 2017
- Unfollow And Clean Room: Season One End With #18 – More Frankensteining DC Solicits For April 2016 As $3.99 Is The New $2.99 - January 16, 2017