20th Century Fox have acquired the rights to turn Ed Brubaker and Sean Phillips’ 2009 Incognito series for Marvel Comics into a movie, telling a story of a supervillain turned supergrass who is put through the witness protection system and his powers removed. Until he discovers that taking drugs starts to bring them back again – only to realise he’s become a new man.
Deadline Hollywood exclusively report the story – though they do seem to miss any mention of the artist, co-creator and co-owner of the series, Sean Phillips. Or that the publisher is Marvel Comics. They do however mention that Robert Schenkkan of The Kentucky Cycle, will write the screenplay and that Peter Chernin and Chernin Entertainment will produce with Circle of Confusion’s David Engel. Ed Brubaker is represented by Harris Miller III.
Isn’t this exciting?
UPDATE UPDATE: Deadline have now added Sean’s name.
- Tony Isabella Is Against A Black Lightning/Static Shock Crossover - March 30, 2017
- Secret Empire #0 Tops Advance Reorders As Redneck Reaps The Whirlwind Of God Country - March 30, 2017
- Image Comics U-Turns On Retailer Exclusive Covers, Builds In Future Order Guarantees From Participating Comic Stores - March 30, 2017
- Gerard Way Addresses Doom Patrol Concerns. Or, At Least, He Will Tomorrow. - March 30, 2017
- Still Some Places On The Comic Book Inking Masterclass By Cam Smith At Orbital Comics In London Next Friday - March 30, 2017