20th Century Fox have acquired the rights to turn Ed Brubaker and Sean Phillips’ 2009 Incognito series for Marvel Comics into a movie, telling a story of a supervillain turned supergrass who is put through the witness protection system and his powers removed. Until he discovers that taking drugs starts to bring them back again – only to realise he’s become a new man.
Deadline Hollywood exclusively report the story – though they do seem to miss any mention of the artist, co-creator and co-owner of the series, Sean Phillips. Or that the publisher is Marvel Comics. They do however mention that Robert Schenkkan of The Kentucky Cycle, will write the screenplay and that Peter Chernin and Chernin Entertainment will produce with Circle of Confusion’s David Engel. Ed Brubaker is represented by Harris Miller III.
Isn’t this exciting?
UPDATE UPDATE: Deadline have now added Sean’s name.
- Did Bleeding Cool Move Your Needle? - July 23, 2017
- Geek Food: The Lich King Ice Cream At San Diego Comic-Con - July 23, 2017
- Dan DiDio Reveals The Secret Origins Of The Comic Creators – And The Fans – At San Diego Comic-Con - July 23, 2017
- The First Thirteenth Doctor Cosplay At San Diego Comic-Con…Is By A Man - July 23, 2017
- David Duchovny Says He Had Difficulty Voice Acting For X-Files Audible Series - July 23, 2017