20th Century Fox have acquired the rights to turn Ed Brubaker and Sean Phillips’ 2009 Incognito series for Marvel Comics into a movie, telling a story of a supervillain turned supergrass who is put through the witness protection system and his powers removed. Until he discovers that taking drugs starts to bring them back again – only to realise he’s become a new man.
Deadline Hollywood exclusively report the story – though they do seem to miss any mention of the artist, co-creator and co-owner of the series, Sean Phillips. Or that the publisher is Marvel Comics. They do however mention that Robert Schenkkan of The Kentucky Cycle, will write the screenplay and that Peter Chernin and Chernin Entertainment will produce with Circle of Confusion’s David Engel. Ed Brubaker is represented by Harris Miller III.
Isn’t this exciting?
UPDATE UPDATE: Deadline have now added Sean’s name.
- Comic Store In Your Future – How Did Venom #150 Sell For You? - June 26, 2017
- Hatchet Gets An Ongoing Series From American Mythology September 2017 Solicits - June 26, 2017
- Fried Pie Comics Covers For Dark Nights: Metal, Moonstruck And, Yes, Robotech - June 26, 2017
- Ch-Ch-Changes: The Unsolicited Wasp - June 26, 2017
- Saying Goodbye To James Hagemann, Who Helped Make My First Comic A Reality - June 26, 2017