20th Century Fox have acquired the rights to turn Ed Brubaker and Sean Phillips’ 2009 Incognito series for Marvel Comics into a movie, telling a story of a supervillain turned supergrass who is put through the witness protection system and his powers removed. Until he discovers that taking drugs starts to bring them back again – only to realise he’s become a new man.
Deadline Hollywood exclusively report the story – though they do seem to miss any mention of the artist, co-creator and co-owner of the series, Sean Phillips. Or that the publisher is Marvel Comics. They do however mention that Robert Schenkkan of The Kentucky Cycle, will write the screenplay and that Peter Chernin and Chernin Entertainment will produce with Circle of Confusion’s David Engel. Ed Brubaker is represented by Harris Miller III.
Isn’t this exciting?
UPDATE UPDATE: Deadline have now added Sean’s name.
- Wolverine’s Creator Would Like To Buy You A Meal – For His Health - February 28, 2017
- Want To Be In Avengers: Infinity War? Here’s Your Chance – Especially If You Are Short Or Are An Amputee - February 28, 2017
- Avatar Press May 2017 Solicits – Alan Moore And Garth Ennis’ Best… - February 28, 2017
- Stirrups & Beans: Food, Comics And Bringing Back The Chisholm Kid, In Manhattan This April - February 27, 2017
- J Scott Campbell’s Exclusive Venomized Cover To Iron Fist #1 (UPDATE) - February 27, 2017