I never played the famed roleplaying boardgame when young – not that I was above such things, or not nerdy enough, far from it – but I had an evangelical Christian mother who forbade such things. I wasn’t even allowed to watch the, admittedly rather awful cartoon based on the game, let alone read the comic book.
In later years she became quite a fan of Buffy The Vampire Slayer, so you know. Things change.
Oh and my dad was/is an evangelical atheist science teacher. It explains a lot. And he loves Buffy now too.
Anyway, where was I? Oh yes. Announcing at C2E2 this weekend, IDW are to publish two Dungeons & Dragons comic series, one by John Rogers and Andrea Di Vito, and the other tying directly into Wizards Of The Coast new products. The comics will also include playable scenarios and characters for the games and there will also be titles based on the Dark Sun and Forgotten Realms properties.
Dungeons and Dragons #0 will be out in August.
- Petition for Geoff Johns to Make the Joker Gay “Again” - January 22, 2018
- Steve Geppi to Give the Keynote Speech at Diamond’s 2018 Retailer Summit – What Will He Say About 2017? - January 22, 2018
- Cable Artist Jon Malin on Nazis, Marvel, SJWs, X-Men… and Shell Beach - January 22, 2018
- An Analysis of Promethea’s Appearance In Justice League Of America #23 – and a Possible Way Out(SPOILERS) - January 22, 2018
- Are We Getting an Original Unity Omnibus from Valiant Entertainment? - January 21, 2018