I never played the famed roleplaying boardgame when young – not that I was above such things, or not nerdy enough, far from it – but I had an evangelical Christian mother who forbade such things. I wasn’t even allowed to watch the, admittedly rather awful cartoon based on the game, let alone read the comic book.
In later years she became quite a fan of Buffy The Vampire Slayer, so you know. Things change.
Oh and my dad was/is an evangelical atheist science teacher. It explains a lot. And he loves Buffy now too.
Anyway, where was I? Oh yes. Announcing at C2E2 this weekend, IDW are to publish two Dungeons & Dragons comic series, one by John Rogers and Andrea Di Vito, and the other tying directly into Wizards Of The Coast new products. The comics will also include playable scenarios and characters for the games and there will also be titles based on the Dark Sun and Forgotten Realms properties.
Dungeons and Dragons #0 will be out in August.
- Tomorrow’s Comics Today! A Comic Show – Star Wars, Saga, & Slayer - January 24, 2017
- Reading Nick Spencer’s Captain America While Reading His Tweets - January 24, 2017
- André Lima Araújo Is Drawing The Wicked + The Divine 455 - January 24, 2017
- Dynamite Launches The Sovereigns #0 With Turok, Magnus, Solar, Doctor Spektor For $1, With Ray Fawkes, Chuck Wendig, Aubrey Sitterson and Johnny Desjardins - January 24, 2017
- Full Marvel Comics Solicitations For April 2017 – Beginnings… And Endings - January 24, 2017