I never played the famed roleplaying boardgame when young – not that I was above such things, or not nerdy enough, far from it – but I had an evangelical Christian mother who forbade such things. I wasn’t even allowed to watch the, admittedly rather awful cartoon based on the game, let alone read the comic book.
In later years she became quite a fan of Buffy The Vampire Slayer, so you know. Things change.
Oh and my dad was/is an evangelical atheist science teacher. It explains a lot. And he loves Buffy now too.
Anyway, where was I? Oh yes. Announcing at C2E2 this weekend, IDW are to publish two Dungeons & Dragons comic series, one by John Rogers and Andrea Di Vito, and the other tying directly into Wizards Of The Coast new products. The comics will also include playable scenarios and characters for the games and there will also be titles based on the Dark Sun and Forgotten Realms properties.
Dungeons and Dragons #0 will be out in August.
- Who Watches The Watchmen? Geoff Johns Does, At San Diego Comic-Con With The First Panels Of ‘Doomsday Clock’ - July 20, 2017
- Watch Halle Berry Chug A Glass Of Whisky At San Diego Comic-Con’s ‘Kingsman’ Panel - July 20, 2017
- The Props Of Blade Runner At San Diego Comic-Con – With A Surprise Appearance From Adam Savage - July 20, 2017
- Steven Moffat And Sue Vertue Talk Sherlock Holmes And Manga At San Diego Comic-Con - July 20, 2017
- Jakks Pacific’s San Diego Comic-Con Panel In 61 Photos – Will We Get A Nightwing Toy Now? - July 20, 2017