There we go folks. Action Comics #1 in an 8.5 CGC condition has sold for one and a half million dollars. This is the highest price ever paid for a comic book, and the third time that record has been broken in the last month.
And with the only copies of comparable books of higher quality in collections unlikely to be sold for decades, it looks like this record will stand for some time.
Sold by Comic Connect, Bleeding Cool reported on the history of this specific comic book recently and that it had been bought for auction for at least $1,175,000.
- ‘Ninjak Vs. The Valiant Universe’ Footage from ‘Bat In The Sun’ Shown At SDCC - July 23, 2017
- Announcing The Winners Of The 2017 Diamond ‘Best Practice Awards’ For Comic Retailers - July 23, 2017
- Charlize Theron Kicks Ass At San Diego Comic-Con - July 23, 2017
- An Hour With Adam Savage - July 23, 2017
- The DC Masterclass Panel Welcomes Latecomers, From Dan DiDio To Greg Capullo To Frank Miller - July 22, 2017