There we go folks. Action Comics #1 in an 8.5 CGC condition has sold for one and a half million dollars. This is the highest price ever paid for a comic book, and the third time that record has been broken in the last month.
And with the only copies of comparable books of higher quality in collections unlikely to be sold for decades, it looks like this record will stand for some time.
Sold by Comic Connect, Bleeding Cool reported on the history of this specific comic book recently and that it had been bought for auction for at least $1,175,000.
- Iron Fist #1, A New Introduction Of The Familiar - April 24, 2017
- When Mary Jane And Spider-Gwen Become Venom – The Restricted Marvel True Believers Panel From C2E2 - April 24, 2017
- Eric Powell To Publish Brendon Small’s Galaktikon As A Comic Book - April 24, 2017
- Stan Lee Cameo In “Fresh Off The Boat” Just Before Free Comic Book Day And The Comic By Gene Luen Yang and Jorge Corona - April 24, 2017
- Chris Evans To Read A Superhero Bedtime Story On British TV Next Month - April 24, 2017