There we go folks. Action Comics #1 in an 8.5 CGC condition has sold for one and a half million dollars. This is the highest price ever paid for a comic book, and the third time that record has been broken in the last month.
And with the only copies of comparable books of higher quality in collections unlikely to be sold for decades, it looks like this record will stand for some time.
Sold by Comic Connect, Bleeding Cool reported on the history of this specific comic book recently and that it had been bought for auction for at least $1,175,000.
- Life Is Strange #1 and Bloodshot: Rising Spirit #1 Go to Second Prints the Day Before Publishing - November 13, 2018
- The Conservative Councillor of Camden Who Paid Tribute to Stan Lee - November 13, 2018
- Talking to Kieron Gillen About Peter Cannon: Thunderbolt and DIE, With Wine and Cheese (VIDEO) - November 13, 2018
- Talking To – And About – Stan Lee - November 13, 2018
- Jonathan Ross, Correcting the BBC Over Stan Lee on Newsnight Last Night - November 13, 2018