There we go folks. Action Comics #1 in an 8.5 CGC condition has sold for one and a half million dollars. This is the highest price ever paid for a comic book, and the third time that record has been broken in the last month.
And with the only copies of comparable books of higher quality in collections unlikely to be sold for decades, it looks like this record will stand for some time.
Sold by Comic Connect, Bleeding Cool reported on the history of this specific comic book recently and that it had been bought for auction for at least $1,175,000.
- Blackstar Warrior Gets an Explosive Trailer From Brown Sugar - June 23, 2018
- Nick Derington Drawing Brian Bendis’ Batman for Walmart Exclusive DC Comics - June 23, 2018
- 10 Things We Can Tell You About Ta-Nehisi Coates’ Captain America #1 With Leinil Yu - June 23, 2018
- UPS Strike Off, Comic Stores Spared Disruption - June 23, 2018
- Heavy Metal’s Taarna Gets a Funko POP, Exclusive at SDCC 2018 - June 23, 2018