It’s a fun way to launch a blog (though it hasn’t quite launched yet.)
Mark Millar is known for his his various publicity stunts – whether getting The Authority onto the front page of The Times, running a mock-video to promote Kick-Ass, even selling off the identities of various characters in his comics, he’s not exactly shy about coming forward.
But Mark Millar’s promotion for his new comic book series with Steve McNiven, Nemesis, the first issue of which ships today in the USA and tomorrow in the UK has just stepped up a notch. In what Mark Millar calls “pretty much the most audacious marketing stunt in the history of comics” he’s, well, he’s apparently
taken an ad out on Times Square with the tagline “Good Guys Don’t Always Wear White”.
Okay I was expecting something a little less traditional in marketing terms, maybe shaving the word Nemesis into Obama’s scalp. But that’s still fairly high profile as far as comics go. I think the nearest store is Midtown – will they see the direct benefit?
Also, the ad says “Coming Soon” rather than “Out Now” which is a little odd.
So… can anyone get a video? Better shots?
UPDATE: Ha ha! Apparently not – Robot 6 have the photo as a Photoshop fabrication… anyone want to take a photo of the actual site this morning?
The real victim of course is Rich Ginter who designed the logo and got very very excited…
UPDATE UPDATE: Brian Knippenburg of the Millarworld board posts what the scene actually looks like today.
- What If… Two Companies Had The Harvey Comics License At The Same Time? - February 26, 2017
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List 26th February 2017 – “I Wish Marvel’s Best Comic Could Be As Good As Their Worst Movie Or Netflix” - February 26, 2017
- One Last Cheer! A 2000AD Birthday Interview With Mike Carroll, Mike Collins And Rufus Dayglo - February 26, 2017
- 2000AD #2, First Appearance Of Judge Dredd, Sells For Over $880 On eBay - February 26, 2017
- Lying In The Gutters – 26th February 2017 – Holding The Market Back At $2.99? - February 26, 2017