The comic book industry, and indeed this very site, have been accused of crimes of sexism. The exploitation and cheapening of the female form for high school giggles. I can’t deny that hasn’t happened on occasion. So I hope I can make up for a little of it by some exploitation and cheapening of the male form in the hope that two wrongs do make a right.
Or basically, Grant Morrison’s buttocks in this photo from the early nineties, nicked from a Forbidden Planet interview with Rian Hughes, tightly packed into white jeans, reminiscent of the common phrase “like two hard boiled eggs in a hanky”.
As well as Grant, there’s Brendan McCarthy, Rian Hughes, Peter Hogan and Charles Shaar Murray. But only one is staring at the camera cheekily showing off the abscence of VPL. Oh go on, let’s have a close up.
These are unlikely to be the same white trousers that, anecdotally, Grant would go on to soil on an airplane, only realising his predicament some timelater. But remember this is also the Grant Morrison who in later years posed for this underwear shoot.
Beware though! If you think you’ve got a chance with the chaotic magical model, his missus and business manager Kristan looks like this:
Not not only is she more attractive than you, she could clearly rip you a new one in a Glasgow back alley.
Go Team Morrison!
- Mark Gatiss And Michael Sheen Finally Make Hammer’s The Unquenchable Thirst Of Dracula - October 22, 2017
- The Unpublished? DC Comics Cancels ‘The Unwritten’ Book 2 - October 22, 2017
- A Familiar Character Is Set To Discover That Peter Parker Is Spider-Man – Again (SPOILER) - October 22, 2017
- Marvel Comics To Get A New Fictional Eastern European Country (Punisher SPOILERS) - October 22, 2017
- Lying In The Gutters, 22nd October 2017 – Blink And You’ll Miss Her - October 22, 2017