The Latino Review reports, in an article partially confirmed by Variety, that Batman Begins writer David Goyer is writing a new Superman treatment, entitled Man Of Steel. And the source, Pinche Taco, also states it’s Goyer’s intent to base it on John Byrne’s revamp of the character for DC Comics back in the eighties with the Superman: Man Of Steel mini-series, and subsequent run on Superman and Action Comics.
Recently it was announced that Spider-Man 4 would be drawing its inspiration from Brian Bendis and Mark Bagley’s’ Ultimate Spider-Man series, and recently Bendis tweeted that he was talking to Sony and the whole of the Spider-Man 4 team.
So what about John Byrne? Well on February 15th, when asked on the fan forum Byrne Robotics by board member Pete Carrubba;
JB, has anyone contacted you about this new Superman film?
Of course not!
And of course, that is if Pinche Taco’s details can be relied upon. He also writes;
Conoces como Mark Millar walks around acting like he was going to write it? El Taco discovered that this was always BULLSHIT. Paul Levitz hated the guy and he was never even discussed to write it. He made all that “almost” stuff up.
Mark Millar replies;
Awesome for Goyer. He’s a brilliant writer and a mate of mine so feel this could not be in better hands.
But I must stress that the “inside info” on my relationship to the movie is nonsense. I’ve said on record that WB had direct and serious talks with Vaughn and Vaughn was only doing it if we did it together. This didn’t work out and we’re doing something else, but the notion that it’s fiction is insane. I can say on record that Vaughn had meetings with them about our ideas over a year ago.
I can’t stand these massive declarations coming from “unknown sources”. I’ve always liked Latino Review so this is quite uncool.
Toss a coin to decide?
- There’s A DC Comic In The January Loot Crate…. - January 19, 2017
- How The Green Lanterns Comic Tackles Anxiety In A Remarkably Superheroic Fashion - January 19, 2017
- Twenty-Three Uses For An Overshipped Marvel Comic - January 19, 2017
- Chris Ware, Cosey And Larcenet Are Three Finalists For Angoulême’s Grand Prix , After Alan Moore Pulled Out Again - January 19, 2017
- VIDEO – Stan Lee Unboxes His First Box As His Second Goes Silver Age - January 19, 2017