That’s how much a copy of Detective Comics #27 just sold for, in a phone bid, at Heritage Auctions.
Bleeding Cool covered the planned auction of this comic featuring the first appearance of Batman, a few weeks ago. Bought for $600 in 1960, it was expected to sell for around $300,000 but in the light of a copy of Action Comics #1, the first appearance of Superman, selling for a straight $1,000,000 this week, clearly a Batman Vs Superman grudge match was in the offing. And we know how that always goes.
What’s remarkable is that until this week, no comic had ever broken the half million barrier. This week two comics have broken eight figures. Where the hell is this recession everyone’s been going on about? Can I have my old job back yet?
Of course, there is also a Action Comics #1 out there in an even better condition than the one that just sold out there…
$2,000,000 for an 8.5 anyone?
- The DC Masterclass Panel Welcomes Latecomers, From Dan DiDio To Greg Capullo To Frank Miller - July 22, 2017
- Marvel’s Hasbro Panel At San Diego Comic-Con In 85 Photos - July 22, 2017
- New Thor: Ragnarok Poster Released To Dazzle The Senses - July 22, 2017
- Miracleman Is Coming. Just Not Yet. Wait. - July 22, 2017
- Motor Crush #9 Will Be A Flashback Issue Drawn By Cameron Stewart With Babs Tarr On Colours - July 22, 2017