That’s how much a copy of Detective Comics #27 just sold for, in a phone bid, at Heritage Auctions.
Bleeding Cool covered the planned auction of this comic featuring the first appearance of Batman, a few weeks ago. Bought for $600 in 1960, it was expected to sell for around $300,000 but in the light of a copy of Action Comics #1, the first appearance of Superman, selling for a straight $1,000,000 this week, clearly a Batman Vs Superman grudge match was in the offing. And we know how that always goes.
What’s remarkable is that until this week, no comic had ever broken the half million barrier. This week two comics have broken eight figures. Where the hell is this recession everyone’s been going on about? Can I have my old job back yet?
Of course, there is also a Action Comics #1 out there in an even better condition than the one that just sold out there…
$2,000,000 for an 8.5 anyone?
- Who are the Confirmed Deaths in Heroes In Crisis #1? (Spoilers) - September 26, 2018
- How Did Dr Manhattan Destroy the Justice Society of America? (Doomsday Clock #7 Spoilers) - September 26, 2018
- Daily LITG – 26th September 2018 – Home Again, Home Again - September 26, 2018
- Art Galleries to be Searched for Missing Comic Book Artwork - September 25, 2018
- Mark Montague Wins Dredd Talent Competition as 2000AD Opens Submissions Again - September 25, 2018