Megaton is a new UK comic book/gaming monthly magazine for tweenagers from Skyjack publishing, the people behind the Toxic and Ben 10 publications.
And it launches tomorrow.
100 pages each month, with free stickers, models and trading cards, the magazine will run Cartoon Network licensed strips and gamning material. Issue one out tomorrow comes with a Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom A4 sticker sheet, a double-sided Lego Indiana Jones 2/Bakugan Brawlers A1 poster, and an A4 card model sheet for The Secret Saturday. Freebies, especially for a first, second and third issue are the traditional way for children’s comics tpo launch in the UK (echoed by Dodgem Logic recently) but Skyjack have innoivated giving such stuff “free” with every ongoing issue of their magazines.
But with a fifty/fifty comics-to-games split ratio, this could be yet another boost to the booming British kids comics market.
- Can We Expect the Ta-Nehisi Coates Captain America News Next Week? - February 22, 2018
- The First of the Exclusive ComicsPRO Variants Hit eBay, from $10 to $50 - February 22, 2018
- Amazing Spider-Man #794 Goes to Third Printing - February 22, 2018
- DC Comics Makes Aquaman LED Signs for Comic Stores - February 22, 2018
- Okay… How About a Fantastic Four #1 for June as Well? - February 22, 2018