Megaton is a new UK comic book/gaming monthly magazine for tweenagers from Skyjack publishing, the people behind the Toxic and Ben 10 publications.
And it launches tomorrow.
100 pages each month, with free stickers, models and trading cards, the magazine will run Cartoon Network licensed strips and gamning material. Issue one out tomorrow comes with a Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom A4 sticker sheet, a double-sided Lego Indiana Jones 2/Bakugan Brawlers A1 poster, and an A4 card model sheet for The Secret Saturday. Freebies, especially for a first, second and third issue are the traditional way for children’s comics tpo launch in the UK (echoed by Dodgem Logic recently) but Skyjack have innoivated giving such stuff “free” with every ongoing issue of their magazines.
But with a fifty/fifty comics-to-games split ratio, this could be yet another boost to the booming British kids comics market.
- What Will Hal Jordan Discover About the Future of the DC Multiverse? (SPOILERS) - May 21, 2018
- The Hunt for the Signing Tickets at Anime Central 2018 - May 21, 2018
- Amazon to Announce Something Epic for ComiXology - May 21, 2018
- Bloke’s Progress from Hunt Emerson and The Pen Is Mightier from Martin Rowson from Knockabout Press - May 21, 2018
- After Deadpool 2, Rob Liefeld and Jim Lee Riff on the No-Feet Drawing Trope - May 21, 2018