Yes I know it’s actually pancake day. But they’re crêpe compared to this little comic book that could from Bleeding Cool’s proprietors’ Avatar. Written by Garth Ennis and drawn by Jacen Burrows, it’s a zombie-esque series that is possibly the nastiest comic book currently being published.
The final issue of Crossed will be published in two weks, and April sees the ten issue collection hit the shelves. And today you’ll be finding that, not only is there a second series… but that someone else is writing it.
Place your bets… Brain Wood? Mark Millar? Steve Niles? Mike Carey? Grant Morrison? Antony Johnston? Matt Fraction? Dan Slott? David Lapham? Rick Remender? Andy Diggle? Matt Fraction? Chris Claremont? Gail Simone? Alan Grant? Who will it be?
For those not in the know, Crossed follows a group of individuals, uninfected in a world infected by the Crossed plague. Against a nation turned into immoral, unfeeling sick bastards, who will rape, kill and eat anyone they come across – although rarely in that order. It is the harshest drama and the darkest comedy that Garth Ennis has attempted, it needs a strong stomach to pick up, let alone read. And it has zombies waving around horse penises because it’s funny.
So… anyone read Crossed? Looking forward to the last issue? What is your take on the series so far?
And for the uninitiated, this is the very first chapter of Garth Ennis and Jacen Burrows’ Crossed, available free legally for the first time, on Bleeding Cool.
- 31 Shots Of Cosplay From C2E2 Day 2 From Neon Leia To A Full Galactus - April 22, 2017
- Legacy Numbering, Classic And Modern Characters, Value Stamps And The Return Of FOOM To Marvel Comics – What Were Bleeding Cool Scoops? - April 22, 2017
- Ten Thoughts About Doctor Who: Smile – It’s A Good Thirteenth Life - April 22, 2017
- Talking Hydra, Marvel, Nazis, Captain America On A Saturday Morning - April 22, 2017
- Heavy Metal Have Their Own Dark Matter To Launch This Weekend At C2E2 – And You Can Drink It - April 22, 2017