Yes I know it’s actually pancake day. But they’re crêpe compared to this little comic book that could from Bleeding Cool’s proprietors’ Avatar. Written by Garth Ennis and drawn by Jacen Burrows, it’s a zombie-esque series that is possibly the nastiest comic book currently being published.
The final issue of Crossed will be published in two weks, and April sees the ten issue collection hit the shelves. And today you’ll be finding that, not only is there a second series… but that someone else is writing it.
Place your bets… Brain Wood? Mark Millar? Steve Niles? Mike Carey? Grant Morrison? Antony Johnston? Matt Fraction? Dan Slott? David Lapham? Rick Remender? Andy Diggle? Matt Fraction? Chris Claremont? Gail Simone? Alan Grant? Who will it be?
For those not in the know, Crossed follows a group of individuals, uninfected in a world infected by the Crossed plague. Against a nation turned into immoral, unfeeling sick bastards, who will rape, kill and eat anyone they come across – although rarely in that order. It is the harshest drama and the darkest comedy that Garth Ennis has attempted, it needs a strong stomach to pick up, let alone read. And it has zombies waving around horse penises because it’s funny.
So… anyone read Crossed? Looking forward to the last issue? What is your take on the series so far?
And for the uninitiated, this is the very first chapter of Garth Ennis and Jacen Burrows’ Crossed, available free legally for the first time, on Bleeding Cool.
- No Ben Reilly: Scarlet Spider Past #25? - August 21, 2018
- Roy Thomas’s Origin of Red Sonja to Be Published by Dynamite in November - August 21, 2018
- Bettie Page Comes to London in November from Dynamite - August 21, 2018
- Ralph Macchio Prepares for Into the Spider-Verse Movie - August 21, 2018
- Marvel’s New Han Solo Stories About His Time in the Empire - August 21, 2018