Greg Scott, comic book artist for titles such as newuniversal, Gotham Central, The Shield and Red Circle has a very different project to start next month. On March 1st, Greg Scott is flying to Afghanistan as a CNN correspondent as part of a graphic novel deal. He is accompanied by miliatry correspondent David Axe, who blogs as www.warisboring.com.
His official title will be “combat artist” and Scott will be embedded with the US marine forces for one month, during their operation in Afghanistan, before returning home to work on the book, entitled The Stan, army slang for Afghanistan.
A few years ago, Marvel published an original graphic novel, Combat Zone by embedded Iraq writer Karl Zinsmeister a few years ago, criticised at the time as being a neocon polemic. Joe Sacco has provided much acclaimed journalistic work in his series of graphic novels set in what are euphemnistically known as “trouble spots”.
Bleeding Cool looks forward to Axe and Scott’s reports.
- Simone Bianchi to Create Marvel Masterpieces Trading Card for Upper Deck - June 25, 2018
- Everything Wrong With Benedict Cumberbatch as Dominic Cummings in Channel 4 ‘Take Control’ Brexit Drama Screenshot - June 25, 2018
- Hellboy on Front of San Diego Comic-Con 2018 Events Guide for 25th Anniversary - June 24, 2018
- A Barrage of Amazing Spider-Man #1 Covers for Volume 5 - June 24, 2018
- Lying In The Gutters – 24th June 2018 – A Week of Giant-Sized Stories - June 24, 2018