Greg Scott, comic book artist for titles such as newuniversal, Gotham Central, The Shield and Red Circle has a very different project to start next month. On March 1st, Greg Scott is flying to Afghanistan as a CNN correspondent as part of a graphic novel deal. He is accompanied by miliatry correspondent David Axe, who blogs as www.warisboring.com.
His official title will be “combat artist” and Scott will be embedded with the US marine forces for one month, during their operation in Afghanistan, before returning home to work on the book, entitled The Stan, army slang for Afghanistan.
A few years ago, Marvel published an original graphic novel, Combat Zone by embedded Iraq writer Karl Zinsmeister a few years ago, criticised at the time as being a neocon polemic. Joe Sacco has provided much acclaimed journalistic work in his series of graphic novels set in what are euphemnistically known as “trouble spots”.
Bleeding Cool looks forward to Axe and Scott’s reports.
- Will Bunker Come to Titans TV Season 2? - October 22, 2018
- Warren Ellis Tells You What to Expect in Castlevania Season 2 From Netflix - October 22, 2018
- DC Comics’ Reboot of Books Of Magic This Week - October 22, 2018
- First Review: The Green Lantern #1 by Grant Morrison and Liam Sharp – From 2000AD to Preacher? - October 22, 2018
- Valiant Entertainment to Publish ‘The Forgotten Queen’ - October 22, 2018