Brian Bendis was recently twittering about a mysterious non-Spider-Man 4 movie project. Looks like it was Fire, an adaptation of his very first crime noir comic book, which he wrote and drew, first published by Caliber then picked up by Image Comics, and now picked up by Universal. Or as Brian Bendis put it last week;
Heading to Warner brothers with my mystery movie star pal
Leaving universal. My job here is done. Chik fil a put the nuggets in the fryer!!
Whatever you say Brian. Whatever you said.
Fire is the story of a college student Ben Furst recruited into the CIA, posing as a journalist with assassination duties around the world, before he realises he may be the subject of an assassination order himself. Bendis is writing the screenplay and the film is expected to be releases in 2012.
With a TV pilot of Powers going through the processes, and internet buzz about Spider-Man 4, maybe this might help kick Torso out of development hell as well.
- Boom’s Firefly #1 Has Pre-Orders of 57,291 Copies – Any More For Any More? - October 23, 2018
- Victor Gorelick Does Not Pay Tribute to Archie’s Co-CEO Nancy Silberkleit - October 23, 2018
- NYCC Goss: What’s Up With The Inhumans Then? - October 23, 2018
- NYCC Goss: Sorry, Jane Foster Isn’t Getting Her Own Comic Book? - October 23, 2018
- NYCC Goss: Charles Soule – From Daredevil to Star Wars - October 23, 2018