Brian Bendis was recently twittering about a mysterious non-Spider-Man 4 movie project. Looks like it was Fire, an adaptation of his very first crime noir comic book, which he wrote and drew, first published by Caliber then picked up by Image Comics, and now picked up by Universal. Or as Brian Bendis put it last week;
Heading to Warner brothers with my mystery movie star pal
Leaving universal. My job here is done. Chik fil a put the nuggets in the fryer!!
Whatever you say Brian. Whatever you said.
Fire is the story of a college student Ben Furst recruited into the CIA, posing as a journalist with assassination duties around the world, before he realises he may be the subject of an assassination order himself. Bendis is writing the screenplay and the film is expected to be releases in 2012.
With a TV pilot of Powers going through the processes, and internet buzz about Spider-Man 4, maybe this might help kick Torso out of development hell as well.
- Aspen Relaunches No World in November 2018 Solicits - August 14, 2018
- Zenescope Launches Comics Festival for Its Biggest Fans – or at Least Those with $99 Memberships - August 14, 2018
- Marvel Comics Put the Fantastic Four #1 Spoiler on the Second Printing Front Cover - August 14, 2018
- Lisa Bloom to Represent #MeToo Allegations Against IDW’s President and Publisher - August 14, 2018
- Marvel May Act Against CryptoCurrency Wacoinda - August 14, 2018