Sir Anthony Hopkins is finding a little trouble playing Odin in Kenneth Branagh’s Thor, based on the Marvel Comics hero’s version of the Norse God of Thunder.
I’ve already grown a beard in preparation for the role, but when I put on my long wig on I look just like Billy Connolly. In fact I look so much like him I’m thinking maybe I’ll play Odin with a Glasweigan accent.
Billy Connolly is the Scottish national treasure, singer/songwriter/actor/raquenteur/broadcaster who, sadly, some people will just know from Head Of The Class.
Hopkins spoke about the movie to the Scottish Herald while promoting a new exhibition of his paintings in Edinburgh.
- Universal FanCon of Baltimore 2018 Suddenly Postponed, One Week Before Event - April 20, 2018
- Gideon Falls, Power Rangers, Her Infernal Descent, and Sonic Get Multiple Printings - April 20, 2018
- What Happened to Grant Morrison, Frank Quitely, and Doug Mahnke on Action Comics #1000? - April 20, 2018
- Matt Fraction… Not on Jimmy Olsen? DC Fresh Stop? - April 20, 2018
- David F. Walker on a Flash Comic? DC Fresh Start… - April 20, 2018