Sir Anthony Hopkins is finding a little trouble playing Odin in Kenneth Branagh’s Thor, based on the Marvel Comics hero’s version of the Norse God of Thunder.
I’ve already grown a beard in preparation for the role, but when I put on my long wig on I look just like Billy Connolly. In fact I look so much like him I’m thinking maybe I’ll play Odin with a Glasweigan accent.
Billy Connolly is the Scottish national treasure, singer/songwriter/actor/raquenteur/broadcaster who, sadly, some people will just know from Head Of The Class.
Hopkins spoke about the movie to the Scottish Herald while promoting a new exhibition of his paintings in Edinburgh.
- C.B. Cebulski Recommends Comic Book Artists Use Their Real Name - January 16, 2018
- Jackie Ormes and Carol Kalish Inducted into Eisner Hall Of Fame for 2018, 16 More Nominated - January 16, 2018
- Frank Cho Moves to Watercolours for Harley Quinn Covers - January 16, 2018
- Ch-Ch-Changes- with Edgar Salazar, Grant Morrison, Howard Porter and Jorge Jiminez - January 15, 2018
- Jamie Hewlett Draws BBC Radio 4 Front Row’s Stig Abel - January 15, 2018