Sir Anthony Hopkins is finding a little trouble playing Odin in Kenneth Branagh’s Thor, based on the Marvel Comics hero’s version of the Norse God of Thunder.
I’ve already grown a beard in preparation for the role, but when I put on my long wig on I look just like Billy Connolly. In fact I look so much like him I’m thinking maybe I’ll play Odin with a Glasweigan accent.
Billy Connolly is the Scottish national treasure, singer/songwriter/actor/raquenteur/broadcaster who, sadly, some people will just know from Head Of The Class.
Hopkins spoke about the movie to the Scottish Herald while promoting a new exhibition of his paintings in Edinburgh.
- Major Malcolm Wheeler-Nicholson: The DC-Before-Superman Panel - July 22, 2018
- Lying In The San Diego Gutters – 82 Articles From Comic-Con Saturday - July 22, 2018
- Supergirl Season 4 to Debut TV’s First Transgender Superhero, Dreamer - July 21, 2018
- Preview: Shuri #1 from Marvel’s Next Big Thing Panel at SDCC - July 21, 2018
- The New Fantastic Four Big Bad Is… The Griever - July 21, 2018