We saw her dancing at the launch party of Dodgem Logic. Well now she’s adorning one of the covers to the second issue, three in all. Say a big hello to queen of burlesque, Khandie Khisses, in a shot taken by Mitch Jenkins.
The other two covers feature other burlesque dancers from the show, Luli Blue and Darkteaser.
The photos are part of a shoot by Jenkins to accompany the lead article comparing new burlesque to classic burlesque by Melinda Gebbie. Mitch Jenkins is also working on a multi-media photographic novel with Lex Records and Top Shelf Comics based on Alan Moore’s short story, Unearthing.
The second issue will also containarticles by Margaret Killjoy, Steve Moore, Savage Pencil, Kevin O’Neill, Steve Aylett and a free eight-page mini-comic, Astounding Weird Penises, written and drawn by Alan Moore, as the magazine puts it “being the only solo comic book that he has managed to create in his otherwise lazy thirty year career.”
- The Finest Comic Book Ever Published Is Back in Print: Shane Simmons’s Longshot Comics - June 19, 2018
- Donny Cates Introduces Juggerduck to Cosmic Ghost Rider – #WhoGetsWarped? - June 19, 2018
- Ryan Sands, Star of Runaways TV Series, Now Draws for the Runaways Comic - June 19, 2018
- Jeff Parker to Tell the Official World War II Origin of James Bond - June 19, 2018
- IDW’s Batman vs. Maxx and Star Trek vs. Transformers in September 2018 - June 19, 2018