Nat Gertler of About Comics has made the following offer to retailers, in the wake of Marvel’s offer over Blackest Night issues and Deadpool variants.
I’m sure that many of you have some slow-moving Marvel hardcovers clogging up your shelves or rotting away in overstock. In the interest of helping retailers, here’s what I’d like to do: any retailer who sends me Marvel hardcovers totaling $199 at cover price will get in return a copy of The Licensable BearTM Color Special. This short-run comic, reprinting a number of Licensable BearTM stories (most in color for the first time), was created for licensing purposes, and has not been and will not be solicited through Diamond. And this will certainly take up much less space in your store than $199 worth of slow-moving hardcovers.
Now, some other publishers offering swaps recently have asked you to go through the destructive effort of tearing the covers from the things you’re sending in. Not us! Go ahead, send the whole book! We’re not going to get picky aout which ones, either – omnibuses, masterworks, Marvel Premieres, we’ll take them all.
Send your hardcovers to About Comics, 1569 Edgemont Dr., Camarillo, CA 93010. Be sure you include the address to send your color special to!
Licensable BearTM is notable for having the very first appearance of Barack Obama in a comic book. Here’s the cover of the tradeable comic in question:
- Tomorrow, Bill Sienkiewicz Pretends to Be Esad Ribic - November 20, 2018
- Aspen Teases the Return of Damsels In Excess in February 2019 Solicits - November 20, 2018
- Preview: Zoe Quinn and Robbi Rodriguez’ Goddess Mode - November 20, 2018
- So… How Are You Meant To Count Avengers Issue Numbers Now? - November 20, 2018
- Our First Look at Mark MIllar and Simone Bianchi’s Sharkey The Bounty Hunter for Netflix – With Covers From Frank Quitely and Matteo Scalera - November 20, 2018