Okay, looks like printing those Brown Deadpool rings that was once suggested as a fun response to DC’s Blackest Night promotion got too pricey for Marvel. The moulds, the fittings, the shipping from China, all that adds up. So why not come up with a much cheaper solution?
In an effort to provide assistance to comic retailers in 2010, Marvel is offering retailers an opportunity to turn unsold comics into an extremely rare Siege #3 Deadpool Variant! Retailers – for every 50 stripped covers of the following comics sent to Marvel, you will qualify to receive one FREE Siege #3 Deadpool Variant. The 50 stripped covers can be any combination of the comics listed below and all submissions need to be received at the Marvel office at the address below by Tuesday 2/16/2010. Also included with the stripped covers must be your store contact information including Diamond Account # and email address.
Stripped Covers To Be Sent:
Adventure Comics #4
Booster Gold #26
Doom Patrol #4
Justice League Of America #39
Address To Send Submission:
Marvel Entertainment, LLC
417 Fifth Avenue, 10th Floor
New York, NY 10016
Information To Be Included With Submission:
Diamond Account #
List of stripped covers being returned and their quantities
All the directions above must be adhered to in order to receive the free Siege #3 Deadpool Variants and the submissions must be received by Tuesday 2/16/2010 in order to qualify.
Please note that this is not a Diamond-affiliated promotion and Diamond should not be contacted. Retailers will be contacted via email once Marvel receives the submissions. Retailer with further questions should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Too right it’s not a Diamond promotion. This targets the fact that some retailers over ordered specific DC titles to qualify for the plastic rings purchase. And ties in Deadpool marketing to DC’s promotion in a far sneakier, advantageous and downright hostile fashion. And cheap too.
Not to say it isn’t clever. But blimey.
With the Exclusive steals of David Finch and Unknown Grant Morrison Wonder Woman Artist, it appears that this is game on as for as Comic Book Wars 2010 is concerned.
I wonder if this qualifies for a Cease And Desist notice from someone?
- All of DC Comics Reboots Are Still Happening, Even Elongated Man’s Identity Crisis Face (Super Sons #12 Spoilers) - January 17, 2018
- Is Avengers: No Surrender a Flipped Version of Marvel Super-Heroes Secret Wars? (Avengers #676 Spoilers) - January 17, 2018
- Wolverine Continues to Walk Through the Marvel Universe Missing Everyone (Thor #703 Spoilers) - January 17, 2018
- Image/Skybound Sends Retailers Complete Robert Kirkman Oblivion Song Trade Paperback Two Months Before First Issue Published - January 17, 2018
- Is This Our June Wedding Then? (Spoilers for Today’s Marvel Comics) - January 17, 2018